'If your body members you control...'

by Unlearn 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Unlearn
    Unlearn

'If your body members you control,
    you make known that the truth is your own.'

This verse in particular from the JW song 'Make The Truth Your Own' has provided several instances of hysterical laughter between my wife and I.
    Just think about it. It's an awkward thing to even say. It's totally disconnected from any other thought in the song.
    If one of us just starts to say it to the other, it's all over...

Guess you just have to be there...

So glad I'm out.
    What do you know? Both me & Trent Reznor finally found 'happiness'. ;)

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Make the truth your own, to bad ways do not be prone! If your body members you control, you make known that the truth is your owwwwn! That was one of my favorite songs! :-)

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

That is what one would call wishful thinking? It probably originates with the Knorr-era. Do not touch and you'll be happy, which turns out to be just another lie.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Thank you for that musical flashback.

Wow, what a creepy thing to sing, especially in front of kids. I had forgotten that song.

Gross.

• designs
    designs

mc hammer's 'Can't Touch This' would almost be in as bad of taste for a religious song.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Oh, no! I think my little toe is an apostate!

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

that's just one of those creepy sentences along with beating off the molested bees

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

This was a good tune though.

• undercover
    undercover

I worry about you sometimes, George...

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

I always would wince when these words were sung, and wondered what new ones thought...I was used to the weirdness, but others, why would they stick around? Crazy religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit