Closing down of all non-native congregations in The Netherlands

by Gorbatchov 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

This weekend serious sources told me that in The Netherlands the society is closing down all non-native congregations.

Because of the mixed population of this country, there are >100 non-native congregations like English, France, Dutch-Caribian, Arab, Chinese, Italian, Russian, Spanish etc.

My source was backing the dissision of the society because "These non-native congregations are islands on their own, with group-thinking and not allways listening to the Society..." and concluded "these non-natives has to learn Dutch instead of we are learning their language".

Strange: some years ago many JW's learned a foreign language (like Arab or Chinese!) and now they are all closing down.

There could be 2 (or more) reasons:

1) these congregations are a real danger because of their autonomy

2) the society is aware of the Dutch political situation (Our country first) and is ending the multicultural JW populations.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Keep us updated Gor. Thanks.

• Gayle
    Gayle

What is the "Dutch political situation?" Is it being required by The Netherland government that natives must learn Dutch? (Can't blame that government for that)

Why would the WTS have a double standard there to shut down such congs. yet in the U.S. non-native, foreign-language congs. are thriving and probably causing any/some increase to U.S. JW stats?

Why are the non-native congs. there in Netherlands "not listening to the Society?"

• Gayle
    Gayle

What is the "Dutch political situation?" Is it being required by The Netherland government that natives must learn Dutch? (Can't blame that government for that)

Why would the WTS have a double standard there to shut down such congs. yet in the U.S. non-native, foreign-language congs. are thriving and probably causing any/some increase to U.S. JW stats?

Why are the non-native congs. there in Netherlands "not listening to the Society?"

I see no noticable JW increases in Netherlands for years.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

A very interesting development if true.

The "Dutch situation" might have something to do with the rather astonighing descent of the one-time most liberal and tolerant society in the western world into small minded xenophobia and intolerance. The change in the Netherlands in recent years is a lesson for everyone everywhere that liberal advances can never be taken for granted.

• james_woods
    james_woods

They are liberal, but they have probably not forgotten the people the Islamic Radicals marked for death and/or killed.

It has only been about 6 decades since the oppression by the Nazis.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Slimboyfat, it's true! The sources are trustfully and I heared it from 3 elders... One of them was criticaly, the other two understand the society's positions.

Maybe there is a third option:

The Duch language congregations are slowing down and there is no growth for years. Maybe the spirit of the non-native's must stir the natives up to new heights..

• designs
    designs

Would splinter groups have a better chance of forming in Europe than in the USA.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Yes, because the JW's (in The Netherlands) are very liberal. They don't mention the direction of the Branch (laugh about the old silly men).

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Slimboyfat, it's true! The sources are trustfully and I heared it from 3 elders... One of them was criticaly, the other two understand the society's positions.

Then it must almost certainly stem from a lack of loyalty or obedience to the official Society teachings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit