Hubby has finally come around....had to share!

by meangirl 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• meangirl
    meangirl

Some of you may or may not know but I came out before my husband. He has not been to the meetings in 4 years but still acted like a witness. I know it has been hard on him as he was raised a witness and I was not. Christmas has always been difficult for me since I celebrated it until I was 13 and then my mom drank the koolaid. So that was my last Christmas. However, for our family it had no religious significance and was just a time for family to get together. I wanted to incorporate that into our family and was going to put up an x-mas tree last year but my husband pouted and freaked out. In short I compromised and we had a family day the week after Christmas with an origami tree. This year I thought I was going to be okay and we took a family get away last weekend and surprised our daughters with presents. However, this past weekend was very hard on me and I was extremely depressed. I literally stayed in bed from Saturday night until today. He took our daughter to the movies yesterday and I stayed home. Today we had a looooong talk and he said he can see why I was frustrating him as he is not a witness, does not go to the meetings but still wants to live the life a witness. He wants to go out tonight and get a tree and decorations for next year.....He is finally over it.....he wants to start a new life with just us and not worry about what other people think....

Just wanted to share. So if any of you have a mate who's still mentally captive remember there is hope! Hang in there everybody! and Merry X-Mas!!!

• out4good3
    out4good3

That is fantastic.

Next year is going to be huge for you.

• mariemcg
    mariemcg

Thats fantastic.... xx

• flipper
    flipper

MEANGIRL- This is great news. I hope your husband follows through with getting out of the JW mentality. I'm sorry you were down this weekend. I hope things start looking up for you and your family. Take care, Peace out, mr. Flipper

• alias
    alias
    In short I compromised and we had a family day the week after Christmas with an origami tree.

Happy news about your hubby! What did the origami tree look like?

alias

• watersprout
    watersprout

That's wonderful news! When I left the Borg I wanted a tree, lights, santa the works, but Hubby was adament that he would not celebrate it! Stomped his feet and I just ignored him... Three xmas's later and he is worse than Babysprout! Lol!

It takes time and i'm soo pleased that he is finally out! You can get some xmas bargins now in the sales, so get out there and find your tree and some perfect decorations!

Peace

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

This is absolutely beautiful news. Thank you so much for sharing. Today is the day to save a lot of dough on Christmas decorations. Your husband is smart with a dollar, too.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Yaaaayyyyyy!!!

Finally! - er, well, I'm glad he's come to a valid realization about his life and how restrictive and unpleasant the Watchtower rules and regulations are....

I hope that he continues to grow mentally - become more aware of the reasons that one should never trust the Watchtower Corporation...

Zid

• Think About It
    Think About It

Awesome news! Hold him to it. The sooner people see this holiday hating farse of a true religion for the cult it is, the sooner true families will benefit.

Think About It

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Meangirl, Congratulations!!! Hubby and I can relate to leaving but not being "mentally out". Boy, is it a load off when you can finally kick the whole indoctrination to the curb!

Have a wonderful new 2012.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit