Equal Rights and Women's Rights in Israel

by designs 18 Replies latest social current

• designs
    designs

An important battle is brewing in Israel between a Orthodox sect and Women's Rights in public.

http://news.yahoo.com/jewish-gender-segregation-campaign-turns-violent-135056846.html

Since the news broke last week that a woman had been beheaded in Saudia Arabia for being a Witch, and with the legal and physical assaults against Abortion clinics here in the US the role of Religion in Society continues to demand our attention and activism.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Uh-oh designs, it's the fortold attack on religion!

In all seriousness. Your absolutely right. Extreme religion is extreme.

Women's rights activists say that the ultra-Orthodox -- around 10 percent of the population -- have become increasingly radical over gender segregation and are winning concessions that harm women.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Women's rights.......... oxymoron.

• designs
    designs

I was going to recommend a Dating Service George but maybe not....

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Again with the misogyny Miz? Tsk Tsk Tsk...

• DaCheech
  • No Room For George
    No Room For George
    I was going to recommend a Dating Service George but maybe not....
    Again with the misogyny Miz? Tsk Tsk Tsk...

On a serious yet somewhat funny note, I Googled, "Women's Rights Oxymoron", and not only did the auto-fill finish the text for me, but the very first result that came back from the search was from a Pakistani message board. Ya gotta love it.

• designs
    designs

I saw a photo of the reconstructive surgery results on the Islamic woman who's nose had been cut off, beautiful young woman. Hope she can find a new life away from her upbringing.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George
    I saw a photo of the reconstructive surgery results on the Islamic woman who's nose had been cut off, beautiful young woman. Hope she can find a new life away from her upbringing.

It's crazy how they view women over there. The weirdest thing about them over there to me is, how do they view their own mothers? You would think eventually someone would see the correlation between the treatment of some random woman, with the treatment of their own mothers.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I saw a documentary film based on the stoning of a blameless woman on Iran. Her husband wanted a new bride. She refused to fade. A man came into her home to do repairs for about ten minutes. Altho he could be executed, too, it was explained that she was the temptress and he was a MAN. Her husband was notorious with domestic violence. It was in a rural town so proper authorities could not arrive in time. Women were powerful alibi witnesses. All their testimony was forbidden b/c they were not MEN. The woman was condemned. Somehow she was able the incident videotaped and, at great risk, her aunt gave it to a British reporter.

The gospel story of stoning never got very far so I had romantic ideas. The first few stones were horrible but tolerable. I kept debating whether i should turn off the film. I never thought that American me, so urban, would fear stoning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit