I cannot believe my father called me to ask this!

by serenitynow! 61 Replies latest jw friends

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I remember some years ago there was a KM that touched on the subject of taking care of relatives who may not be believers, or parents who may not believe. If I remember right, it gave the green light on saying no. I do remember a few dead beat dads and dead beat children who cut their family support off. One in particular left his wife and 2 kids. Wife didn't work. No problem, he remarried some pioneer whore and he kept serving. We were all wondering how but he sold the brothers well. We all thought what a jerk but no one ever stood up and said it.

I doubt your dad would have pursued such a course unless he knew he had the full support of the elders. Aren't they all just full of themselves?

• Think About It
    Think About It
    it's time to let that man know, that you are now no longer a little girl, but a black woman....

Maybe I've got Serenity mixed up with someone else......but, isn't Serenity a very attractive, mid-30's white woman? Didn't she post a YouTube video of herself recently?

Think About It

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Hmph! Tell him you'll help him as much as he helped your sister and nephew. Tell him he taught you well how to simply abandon him.

Don't feel bad about it. He has Jehovah's blessing!!!!! He'll pull through. Maybe the BOE can scowl at him for a while when he's too old to spoon his own soup.

Putz.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Could be me that's mixed up but I thought she was a black woman

if I got it mixed up thanks for correctin' me :0

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Maybe I've got Serenity mixed up with someone else......but, isn't Serenity a very attractive, mid-30's white woman? Didn't she post a YouTube video of herself recently

Serenity is a gorgeous black woman. Seriously, I met her and she really is pretty.

NC

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I think you should go. I'm sorry, everybody, but when someone estranged, especially a parent reaches out and in doing so, shows vulnerability and a human side, I believe the wrong thing would be to slap the person's hand. It could be, probably isn't, but it could be the beginning of the road to healing some of the abandonment issues. If you go and he shows his tail, then I'd suggest just showing how disappointed you are. Let it show on your face and in your manner and say, "Daddy...." Show the sadness in your eyes, shake your head side to side very slowly and sulk away with your shoulders dropped. Then a distance away, turn and with furrowed brow, peer into his eyes and shake your head slowly again. You might even walk further and pause again with the profound expression of sadness and shake that head.

I'm serious, sometimes you can say a lot more with a lot less. Instead of vicious anger, let his see profound hurt and disappointment. Make that hurt in your eyes, cut through to his very soul.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Oh Wasblind! I know what you are referring to. Serenity was not narrating that video. She had a quick shot at the end with a group outside the AH.

NC

• wasblind
    wasblind

Thank you so much for clearin' that up NC

I didn't see any video

It really doesn't matter to me what her race is

I was just repeatin' a qoute that is often refered to

us black women , didn't mean to offend anyone

Hello there FHN,

there's your way and my way, together we make a double egde sword

we could cut him either way we please ;)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Think about it, what affects you more, when a child throws a huge tantrum, or when they look truly, deeply heartbroken, with hurt in their eyes and a quivering lip. I don't mean fake disappointment, I mean real.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    but I have long awaited the day where he needed me more than I needed him.

But here is the time when you can be the bigger person, take this to higher ground.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit