The music that moves you....

by FlyingHighNow 444 Replies latest social entertainment

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Scenic, very cool combination of some of my favorites. Vi, good taste there, girl. Ucant, listening now. Pretty.

• Violia
    Violia

On the last video, Take this waltz, at about 3:40 ish his voice and the ladies entwine. It is so beautiful to hear their voices together, as if they are making love.

• Violia
    Violia

Vince Gill and his beautiful daughter do this song justice. sometimes that is just how the story goes ---why bitch and moan and say they done you wrong... man you got to face it, it is a young man's town"

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

When I click on You Tube videos here, I can't hear any audio even tho the volume control is on high. I can watch them on IE but not Firefox. It is frustrating.

The Beatles are my top music group, followed by the WHO, Dylan, and Paul Simon. Oh, Leonard Cohen. It certainly dates me. For dancing, I love Motown hits and Sly and the Family Stone. Lyrics are important. Most of it has to do with youthful rebellion. My JW father despised John Lennon even more than Catholics. John became my hero, audacious to the end. Thumbing his nose at my father and receiving worldwide acclaim. When he died, I felt a personal loss which was surprising. I became friendly with the Dakota staff so I would know when he was in town. I never camped outside b/c I feared a bad reaction from him. Rather have my fantasies.

One year I went to Strawberry Fields in Central Park with a votive candle and cheap flowers on the anniversary of his death. The teenagers being snide with each and knowing nothing about the Beatles triggered me. David Peel and the Lower East blocked the traffic on Central Park West. I made a passing comment about how those young kids know no Beatle history and the staff who were present when he was murdered gave me a personal tour and re-enactment. They even let me go deep inside the entrance. If a Dakota resident came by, they might have lost their jobs.

I listen to the Beatles middle period or Dylan and I am totally shocked how well the music has stood up to changing times. Time lets me appreciate it even more.

OK, for the agnostic/atheist crowd, this is the ANTHEM:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiDk8o7i2aw

Yes, Johnny Lydon (Johnny Rotten) nailed it. See the lyrics below:

Stained glass windows keep the cold outside
    While the hypocrites hide inside
    With the lies of statues in their minds
    Where the Christian religion made them blind
    Where they hide
    And prey to the God of a bitch spelled backwards is dog
    Not for one race, one creed, one world
    But for money
    Effective
    Absurd

Do you pray to the Holy Ghost when you suck your host
    Do you read whos dead in the Irish Post
    Do you give away the cash you cant afford
    On bended knees and pray to lord

Fat pig priest
    Sanctimonious smiles
    He takes the money
    You take the lies
    This is religion and Jesus Christ
    This is religion cheaply priced
    This is bibles full of libel
    This is sin in eternal hymn
    This is what theyve done
    This is your religion
    The apostles were eleven
    Now theres a sod in Heaven

This is religion
    Theres a liar on the altar
    The sermon never falter
    This is religion
    Your religion

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I think he didn't grow up Episcopalian.

• designs
  • Violia
    Violia

designs, thank you so much for that beautiful rendition of Dolly Parton's " Jolene". I did not think anyone could do it better, but this group has.The music is haunting and classy and I even like the singer better. Wow. Thanks for that clip.

• designs
    designs

Viola, thanks, I felt the same way when I heard it.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Jolene...I even like the singer better.

That was good. It's no wonder. The singer turns out to be Norah Jones!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit