Why didn't Jehovah ??

by Phizzy 45 Replies latest watchtower bible

• james_woods
    james_woods

The main question here is that the Jehovah's Witnesses obviously think the name Jehovah is more important than Jesus.

Did anyone else ever wonder WHY?

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

UCANTNOME: Okay, thats your belief.. I'll leave you to it. As one final point before I leave, please take a look at Ephesians 3:14. Who was Paul praying to? I wish you all the best :) James Woods: Unless you believe that YHWH and Jesus are the same, which Jw's do not, YHWH demands exclusive devotion. I'm not qualified to get into a Jesus/YHWH discussion, so I'll leave it there.. http://assemblyoftrueisrael.com/IsJesusGod/Contrasts.htm

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

The Quiet One,

Thank you for the discussion. I hope I don't sound fanatical especially my last post

I am known as a Christian. I am a follower of Christ. I would die for my belief in him.

I'm not. I have much to learn. I'll leave your question on Ephesians 3:14.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

The Quiet One:

You said: Unless you believe that YHWH and Jesus are the same, which Jw's do not, YHWH demands exclusive devotion.

Allow me to clarify a point. Unless Ucantnome said he believed YhWh and Jesus were the same person and I missed it...Christianity does not believe Jesus and YhWH to be the same person, but rather the same nature (the same as you and I share the same nature as humans). Ok, you guys can continue on....

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

@ james_woods: My guess would be because it's their "trademarked" name. They're "Jehovah's Witnesses", the Watchtower is "Announcing Jehovah's Kingdom"...when you hear the name, that's what you think of...their religion. That's MY take on it, anyway. Add to it the fact that Jesus' teachings effectively went against the Old Testament "Jehovah's" personality, and where do they get the "evidence" that they were chosen? From a mis-applied verse in Isaiah, ie. the Old Testament. Maybe that's just conspiracy theories and whatnot, but it makes sense in my tired and caffeine-deprived brain lol.

I find this fact interesting: Jesus didn't pronounce the name of the god of the Old Testament. The JW's inserted the name "Jehovah" wherever it fit into their theology to do so. I've looked at the Greek Interlinear and have seen it myself. Therefore, if Jesus had come to earth after being in heaven for millenia with god, wouldn't he be the ONLY ONE who knew how to pronounce the Divine Name? Wouldn't he have qualified "My Father" with "My Father, Yaweh"? or "Our Father in the heavens, hallowed be thy name Jehovah" And yet...he didn't. It wasn't really a big deal. In my personal opinion, if Jesus did exist, this showed that he was really only a man...a political radical, but still only a man. And that's what he was killed for...not to save anyone from sin, but because he was a threat to the Roman government. They feared he would cause another Jewish uprising, and so they had to silence the dissenter...much like the Watchtower "kills" those they disfellowship by silencing us.

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

Jesus did not preach about the jehovah god of the jews. He was of his Father in the high heavens of th Pleroma. 'this unnamable eneffable light, and The Apocrypha of John describes the True heavenly father of the Christ, who emminated fro the spark of the heavenly Father

Shana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit