What do you know and what do you THINK the Shroud of Turin is?

by Terry 57 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Most HERE pay no attention to what I post.

I think most people here like the fact that you are genuine. They may think you are a nut, but you know people are going to think that. You are loved here, am I just being delusional? Outlaw adores you and I'm not sure if you can tell, but his adoration is not terribly easy to come by.

-Sab

• AGuest
    AGuest
    The results of the Holy Spirit are a good way to weigh its veracity.

Indeed, by its "fruits" and "gifts", one manifests that spirit (may you all have peace!). In same way, by the LACK of these, as well as their "fruits"... one knows when the spirit is absent. Sadly, some tend to focus on one or two GIFTS of the spirit... if not dismiss them all... while "demanding" a full and complete demonstration of all of the "fruits"... at all times... which can never be done while we are in the flesh (only Christ was able to do that - even Abraham, Noah, Moses, David, the Prophets, and the Apostles couldn't do that).

Many, like the WTBTS profess to possess that spirit; however, their "fruits" (particularly, their preaching the Christ divided, shunning/DFing, and breaking up families!) is evidence to the contrary.

I have openly stated what my gifts are... and openly shared them here for all to see. I have not only professed that it IS holy spirit... but who I received it from... and for what purpose. And I do so freely... because I received freely.

Sadly, many who do NOT possess such spirit unwittingly undermine the faith of others by opining as to its existence, capabilities... and chosen vessels. What can you do? The entire creation is waiting for the revealing of the sons of God. In the meantime, those sons shouldn't go bury their "talents" (and that does not mean singing abilities - LOLOL!)... but use them to increase the Householder's "belongings." Whether that be one more... or ten more... it means the one did the WORK.

Again, peace to you all!

Servant to the Household of God, Israel... those who go with them... and a slave of Christ,

SA, who often wonders why some folks... especially those who consider themselves "virgins", however that means... spend so much time trying to deny the "oil" of others... rather than just going out and "buying" some for themselves, you know, so's THEY have some when the Bridegroom arrives... so as to avoid being sent out to "buy" it AFTERWARD... only to find themselves locked out of the "wedding chamber" altogether...

• sabastious
    sabastious

Revelation 22: 8 I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I had heard and seen them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had been showing them to me. 9 But he said to me, “Don’t do that! I am a fellow servant with you and with your fellow prophets and with all who keep the words of this scroll. Worship God!”

^ AGuest, when I call you a leader I am merely speaking about people who's actions are of one who is "taking the lead." The above scripture has John trying to bow down to an angel and the angel begs him to stop, much like you begged me to stop calling you a leader. Someone who takes the lead is susceptible to being worshipped, and it is WORSHIP of ones taking the lead that is depicted as "very bad" in the Bible. Just my two cents, again I'm just stating my opinion and observations.

-Sab

• AGuest
    AGuest

Oooh, you're making me squirm, now, dear Sab (peace to you, dear one!). Can we move on, please? Thank you, luv, truly. On ALL grounds!

Maybe you could get the bible on pdf and score through all the "lying pens of the scibes" bits and highlight all the good bits and share it with everybody.

Funny you mention THAT, as well, dear Cofty (again, peace to you!). I asked about that some years ago ("My Lord, why don't we [I and a couple/few others] do an 'accurate' Bible translation?"). My Lord's response to me was a vehement NO. Do NOT do that! He gave us four (4) reasons:

1. He didn't call us to do that; that was NOT our "assignment";

2. We would make errors, because we are not 100% perfect; our eyes and ears would fail us at some point(s)... and people could potentially be misled again, as a result;

3. What would be the point, truly, if folks are supposed to come to HIM? Would it not be yet another deflection... something else for people to look at/to... rather than to him?

4. We would be "judged" by what was IN "our" version, as all those (scribes, copyists, authors, etc., ) who undertook their various versions will be

Who can argue with that? I couldn't/can't. He was absolutely right.

So, sorry, dear one, but... nope. Not MY "assignment." I'm sticking to what HE says I should be doing. Going ahead of that could get ME in a great pickle. As you have probably seen here, from time to time, when I post "on my own." I'm foolish, yes, but not a complete idjit - LOLOLOL!

Would any of the OT survive in your version?

Actually, dear one, a lot would (I mean, there's a LOT in there); doesn't mean it's of any real value/benefit, though. Like the records/chronologies - who cares? I truly don't. Unfortunately, which parts would go and which would stay specifically... well, we'll never know!

Again, peace to you, both!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest

Still squirming, dear Sab (peace, my brother!). Actually, more so, now! LOLOLOLOL!

Peace!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA, who hates squirming - LOL!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Jesus has leprosy and sores all over this body --before the Crucifixion. Does one ignore the craziness? In the entire traditoin of earl yChristian and Mideival art, Jesus is not portrayed this way. No holy book descrbes HIm this way. Ignore the craziness? Pretend this is not odd and troubling. or like The Emperor has No Clothes, say the Emporer has no clothes.

It seems one poster has immunity. I do suspect that several creative writing courses were taken.

One can read about Hans Kung here, Erhman, John Dominic Crossan, Elaine Pagels or Jesus having leprosy. If one examines the gospels, the authors are n ot interested in many aspects of Christ that we are.

Pitting onself against the canoncial Gospels, the hubris is astounding.

• cofty
    cofty

Would leprosy not exclude Jesus from adopting the role of unblemished paschal lamb?

• AGuest
    AGuest
    No holy book descrbes HIm this way

Okay, I'm gonna go out on a limb with you, here, dear BOTR (peace to you!)... and hope you can RECIEVE what I'm about to share without taking undo personal offense. There is no need, really. Isaiah describes my Lord in the way you suggest at the end of Chapter 52 and beginning of Chapter 53:

"See, my servant will act wisely;
    he will be raised and lifted up and highly exalted.
    Just as there were many who were appalled at him
    his appearance was so disfigured beyond that of any human being
    and his form marred beyond human likeness

so he will sprinkle many nations,
    and kings will shut their mouths because of him.
    For what they were not told, they will see,
    and what they have not heard, they will understand.

He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him,
    nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.
    He was despised and rejected by mankind,
    a man of suffering, and familiar with sickness/disease.
    Like one from whom people hide their faces
    he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.

Surely he took up our pain
    and bore our suffering,
    yet we considered him punished by God,
    stricken by him, and afflicted.
    But he was pierced for our transgressions,
    he was crushed for our iniquities;
    the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
    and by his wounds we are healed.

"John's" account also hints at it, as John 17:6...

"When [Jesus] said, “I am he,” they drew back and fell to the ground..."

In light of Isaiah 52:11 as that relates to, say, Leviticus 5:2; 13:2;15:19;Matthew 8:2, 3; 9:20, etc.... and the fact that how he healed people was by taking THEIR "sins" (the "corruption" in their flesh) into HIS body... which body... now FULL of "sin" such that it stunk and appeared almost dead... he took to the grave... there was reason for those to draw back and fall to the ground. Here, standing in front of them, was someone who appeared... and smelled... as if he had broken ALL the rules as to "uncleanlness" for Israel.

So, the truth is that at least one [holy] book does describe him in this way; however, other writings that are not contained in that book do, as well. Problem is... folks "see" what they WANT to see... which is this wonderfully, healthy, robust and "stately" (tall and strapping) specimen of the human male. They've even given him blonde hair/blue eyes... or an afro and subsaharan features... in some instances... neither of which is accurate.

Ah, well, what can you do?

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit