What do you know and what do you THINK the Shroud of Turin is?

by Terry 57 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Terry
  • ziddina
    ziddina

13th Century fake manufactured by relic forgers....

The accurate dating of the shroud's fabric totally eliminates any chance that it could be "real" - really the "body" of "christ", that is...

But we still have to hear from the peanut gallery...

• Giordano
    Giordano

Visually it's impressive.........but not the Christ. Though if I was looking for a model to represent him this would be the one. If we can date cave paintings 10,000 years old I don't see why puting an accurate date on this should be so hard.........oh that's right, people want to believe it so much that they are intent on changing the science. 13th centuary 'birthers'.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Earliest known photograph, faked relic by Da Vinci. I saw it on the telly so it must be true...

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

a fake

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "13th centuary 'birthers'...." Giordano

LOLOLOL!!

• Terry
    Terry

I guess nobody read that Huffington Post piece I linked at the top, then.

• cofty
    cofty

Until somebody explains how the image happened the jury is out. My instincts are its a fraud but there are legitimate questions about the medieval C14 results.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ah, Terry, the link's not live, and every time I try to access the Huffington Post's website, it's a snail's-pace nightmare...

Lemme look at some other sources on the "Shroud of Turin"...

Here's one:

http://www.shroud.com/nature.htm

That article describes - in detail - the methods used to test the shroud.

The samples were taken from several locations on the shroud. Therefore, if they somehow picked up a bit of "newer" fabric used to "patch" the shroud - in one of the samples, odds are excellent that they would have gotten the OLDER elements in the OTHER samples...

And while we're on the subject, a mixture of supposedly "old" [read, 2,000 years old...] material with supposedly "newer" [read, 800 years old...] material, WOULD HAVE SKEWED THE ORIGINAL RESULTS TO AN OLDER AGE, NOT a YOUNGER one...!!!

Sheeeeeeeesh.....

The mental convolutions some people put themselves through, to maintain their delusions...

• ziddina
    ziddina

Okay...

While I'm waiting for that blasted Huffington Post's site to drag itself up on my computer, let's look at one question...

How were the NEW samples obtained??

Because, last I heard, the Vatican did not allow further access to the relic after the 2008 test...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit