Family Waste the Evening Night--the Third Anniversary

by WTWizard 18 Replies latest jw friends

• I quit!
    I quit!

Double post

• I quit!
    I quit!

Why did they stop the book study? It appears that some of them may be using their free time to have some fun. Maybe it is time to get them back in the KH where they can keep their eye on them and make sure that they are properly indoctrinated.

I love that picture fade. I wonder how many kids walked by her wishing that their parents would listen to the nice lady.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

or . . .

elder terrorist

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

We never really did the Family Study thing OR the Family Worship Night thing when I was married. With little ones, any amount of study was tough. There was a point when I was desperate to get my ex to love me. This was right when they started the FWN. I was desperate to get him to do ANYTHING but ignore me. So I suggested we study the Family Happiness book together for FWN after the children were in bed. That third cord would keep us together, right?? We got through one chapter and he never did it again. A couple of weeks later, he threw me out. 6 months later we divorced. 2 months after that he was remarried.

I don't know how he is faring with doing the FWN with his "new" wife and the kids, but suffice it to say she's always complaining he never has time for her and they are just SO SO busy. So I kind of doubt he has instituted that. Or maybe he has...she kind of has him whipped in a way.

I know when I was living with my parents for a time, we never did a FWN or anything. My parents never studied together, always separately. The only times they studied together was when one of the elders arranged a "FWN" for a bunch of families and single brothers and sisters at his house. He did that often, maybe once or twice a month, inviting different ones. Other than that, I didn't really hear of anybody doing it faithfully. I never called to make plans with someone on a Thursday and had them tell me "OH, sorry....it's Family Worship Night".

• fade_away
    fade_away

Thanks Nicolaou! Lol! Love the second one.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Now, as anyone with small children can attest to, it is close to impossible to get them to stay focused on Kingdumb interests for 4 hours at a time without threatening with spankings and beatings. This is prime homework time, and they are being expected to waste term-paper writing, test studying, and homework completing time on this rubbish.

It's obvious most of the GB have never had children.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Has this evening been mentioned lately from the podium, or from any publication. I wonder what the twist is now

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

It's obvious most of the GB have never had children.

and if they did, would have they (children) remained in 'The Truth'

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

For those who left before the end of 2008, that's when they ditched the separate book study. They claim it was for gas prices. Many people believe it was for liability issues, and I believe it had something to do with the ongoing removal of every little bit of joy from the witlesses' lives. That was when they started Family Waste the Evening Night, and I remember hearing about a hounder-hounder talk insinuating that, unless you waste the full 4 hours, you are to be destroyed.

And I agree that children should not be put through that. From 6-10 is way too much, particularly if it is on Thursday evening and they have tests to study, homework to finish, or a term paper due. Even their own Bible says that pure worship will not be burdensome, and that Jesus' yoke was light. If this were the truth, people would be naturally drawn to it, and the 4 hours would go by all too quickly. Children would enjoy it without being forced into it, and be pxxxed if it needed to be cut short or they had to skip a session. As I do not hear of that happening, something is horribly wrong.

As for me, I would be one of the ones that would snake-worship. I might use the time to read a book--the first time, and only when I was new in the cancer. More lately, I would simply snake on the whole thing. Any god that would destroy anyone because they are not wasting the full 4 hours doesn't deserve 4 yoctoseconds.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit