Family Waste the Evening Night--the Third Anniversary

by WTWizard 18 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Some of you might remember that last separate book study. Back in early January 2009, they had the last one. After that, it was added to the Theocraptic Misery "School(??)" and Circus Meeting. All of which ended Goodie Night, and forced book study comments to be much abbreviated and to stick to the paragraph.

In its place was Family Worship Night, more accurately termed Family Waste the Evening Night. Now, according to my understanding, you were supposed to waste 4 hours on this night studying washtowel littera-trash and rags, practicing field circus, enacting washtowel dramas, and (more recently) practicing singing those new Kingdumb maladies. There were things you were not supposed to do--use it for your regular family study and preparing for your boasting sessions. You were supposed to do those when you regularly did them, and use Family Waste the Evening Night to prepare and practice field circus and re-enact washtowel doctrines.

What I have heard became of it is variable. I have seen a few entrepreneurs taking advantage of Family Waste the Evening Night and making board and card games to use on it. Whether or not the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger (or local hounders) ever put their foot down on such ingenuity, since the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger itself does not endorse any of those games is a good question. I do know that the witlesses find ways to cheat this arrangement.

Some ways I have seen or heard about to cheat it include using just the Bible (defying the Kingdumb Misery of September 2007) without the littera-trash, using it to do things they already had to (preparing talks, preparing for boasting sessions, and the like), and cutting it short. When you need hounder-hounder talks at a$$emblies threatening with destruction of anyone not properly wasting the full 4 hours each week, you know people are cutting those corners. Perhaps spending an hour or so instead of the full 4 hours, or getting going 15 minutes at a time. Other things include skipping it altogether, turning on the TV or going to the mall or movies instead of wasting the time.

Now, as anyone with small children can attest to, it is close to impossible to get them to stay focused on Kingdumb interests for 4 hours at a time without threatening with spankings and beatings. This is prime homework time, and they are being expected to waste term-paper writing, test studying, and homework completing time on this rubbish. No wonder anyone actually doing it is bound to flunk their school! Those not yet in school are more likely to want to play during this waste, and they are supposed to sit still and go along with the Washtowel dramas or sing those dreadful Kingdumb maladies for an uninterrupted 4 hours each week! Even in school, they recognize that this is impossible--last I knew, classes ran 50 minutes during those grades, and you would get one recess in mid-morning, a noon recess after lunch, and dismissal after another 2 hours. Not 4 hours of uninterrupted rubbish.

I especially like it when they turn on the computer at the beginning of their session, and learn that the whole religion is bogus.

• Azazel
    Azazel

Funny thing last distruct assembly they Lampooned a father in a drama who faced what all parents do trying to brainwash instill WTS values in their children.Man i didnt think it was funny having been thru it myself.

Az

• fade_away
    fade_away

I don't remember them saying it was supposed to be 4 hours, but I rarely paid attention at the hall. At first, me and my family just used it to watch t.v or do nothing related to the WT. But then my dad started feeling guilty because he is the head of the family and an elder himself. Not only were we using that time to ourselves, but we also as a family did not have a family study arranged. So as you can imagine, the guilt started taking over my dad. He then forced us to do our family study by going over the watchtower mag for next sunday. We did this every thursday night for an hour or two. My dad then felt happy and like a responsible head of the family, while I was miserable. All I wanted to do was talk with my girlfriend on the phone or go in my room and draw (my hobby) or something. I feel sorry for the younger kids that had to endure family waste your time night.

• fade_away
    fade_away

I tried everything in my power to make that picture smaller but the site keeps freezing when I do....sorry

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I used to play mp3's of 'talks'(TM) from a$$embĀ£ies and such so we didn't have to make any effort. On a number of occasions one of my kids nodded off and I didn't mind either.

In the end just before I woke up we read whole chapters in context from the Bible and discussed the meaning of them without the dublications. This way the Bible made more sense.

Weeks later I woke up! Sadly Mrs Punk didn't!

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

What 4 hours, that's 6-10pm fucking wasted, thank goodness i was long out b4 this shit started, i would have told them to go play with themselves

• bigmac
    bigmac

ha ha ha---this IS all a wind-up--right?

ive been out since 1981---i knew nothing of all this----

nah--it IS all a joke----------------------------------isnt it ?

• Room 215
    Room 215

I'd venture to say that the vast majority of dubbies simply ignored the "suggestion." That certainly is the case in these parts.

• blondie
    blondie

jws were "encouraged" to have a weekly family study (an hour) for years. 80% did not in our area and grew to 90% based on the practice of the father supposed turning in a bible study slip monthly. Few turned one in and often from the platform at the service meeting, they were reminded to turn it in. I understand that bible study slips are no longer required.

They just ignore it as generations of jws did before.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Here you go fade_away . . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit