New songbook, 2 years later

by WTWizard 19 Replies latest jw friends

• mariemcg
    mariemcg

Could be cockless CO's

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Never been worse. We used to have a good "singing congregation" but no more! Between the automatized plinky cheap piano sound and the dirge-like compositions, there has never been a worse songbook--- and the previous ones were nothing to write home about! Loud, cheerful congregation singing is now lifeless and quiet, as if everyone is almost embarrassed to utter the words.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

It's been so long for me..............

the new song book still means the Hard Copy instead of the Paperback Pink Songbook...............

Did I remember that right???? LOL

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I remember the pink one.

Ya I don't think hyms change in other churches..... It's like changing Beethoven

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

I remember 1 Old song was the National Anthem Of England............... it was so close ..or was it another Country???

• Azazel
    Azazel

I define the use of the new songbook as the point my heart just wasnt in it anymore. There were some great songs in the old book, ones that had real meaning. My favourite song was "Balsalm in Gilead" that was used at my best friends funeral and had real meaning. They keep the music but worded some tripe to this song. That did it for me.Some congs should just play the sung edition and sit and listen.

Az

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

that's the molested by bee's song right? AZ

• Azazel
    Azazel

Im not sure? it just was a nice song and we printed it out just the words to sing at my friends funeral. He was only 36 at the time and cancer took him. I had always been the sound servant an would have been happy to work with a sound chic!

Az

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

How long it will be before they "suggest" that people practice those songs during Family Waste the Evening night, is going to be interesting. I have already heard hints at that suggestion, that they do that among practicing field circus. At the rate they are going, with people not being able to improve their singing of such horrible songs, I wouldn't be surprised if congregations or the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger start demanding that everyone start wasting the full 4 hours practicing singing the rubbish. And, it will still have zero effect--after all, if you write rubbish, it will be rubbish no matter how skillfully it is sung. I doubt Michael Jackson would be able to sing it so it would sound decent, even if it is perfect according to the book.

Other steps I am sure they are going to take include insisting that the witlesses listen to the new Kingdumb maladies all the time while out in field circus, or even in lieu of real music while at home. According to them, that would help people learn the new songs. However, you are not going to improve the singing if the problem is that it was poorly written in the first place--and I strongly suspect they did that on purpose so they could have something to beat up on the flock for. If it was written badly, it cannot be sung well. If they do manage to sing them so they sound decent, they are tampering with how it was written and will be hounded for that.

Enjoy it? Hardly. No matter what they call it, if it's rubbish, you will not be able to enjoy it. Which is another thing I think they did on purpose--making it impossible to enjoy it so they could make people feel there is something wrong with them, because they do not enjoy something the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger put out. If you really want to enjoy music, I suggest listening to a sample of real music--I suggest starting with the Beatles, the Jackson 5, Stevie Wonder, The Rolling Stones, Elvis Presley, and The Supremes. Or, you can find some Christmas classics, sample them, and download (buy) the ones you like the performances of. Or, find something you like--listening to one of the many categories of music on the major online music stores as streaming radio, noting the songs you do like, and buying just the ones you like.

Or, if you really want the Kingdumb maladies, stick with an older collection of them. Your CDs from the Sing Praises to Jehovah book should still be in good condition, and there is a chance you still have some recordings from older songbooks. Or, get some real church music--you might be surprised how many older songs were actually used in regular church before the Sing Praises to Jehovah book came out. One super-classic I would start with: Amazing Grace.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    How long it will be before they "suggest" that people practice those songs during Family Waste the Evening night

I've heard this has been suggested in some congregations so you must have 'new light'(TM) WTWizard!

Call me a conspiracy theorist (Voices from audience shout: 'You're a conspiracy theorist!'). Oh, OK you did call me that.

I am of the opinion that it's all deliberate.

With tuneless sh1t you'll get people standing mumbling the words bored out of their skulls. What they don't realise is that the words will slip in at subconscious level even if they're not consciously paying attention to them.

Consider the bait and switch in 'ever loyal'. IT starts off ever loyal to 'Jehovah'(TM) then drones on about being loyal to MEN.

As observed already, I agree, the dubs'll be unable to sing such turgid b0ll0cks then they'll get 'loving counsel'(TM) which will give them more guilt, fear and phobia. Oh, boy, they just can't measure up to Jehovah's(TM) standards. Fu<|< Jehovah(TM) will have to kill them SOON!

It's a propaganda stunt from start to finish!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit