What is your favorite TV Christmas Specials?

by I quit! 12 Replies latest jw friends

• I quit!
    I quit!

My all time favorite is "Blackadder's A Christmas Carol"

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

The movie A Christmas Story. It was shot in my city, and my school marching band was in it (for like 5 seconds). Still we just assumed it wasn't going to be that great since we couldn't be that lucky. But it IS great, and I love it.

NC

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Can't say I have one but Blackadder is always a good watch..............''bad guys have all the fun.''

Mind you, I quite like the Muppets Christmas film with Michael Caine.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Omg, I would love to see Blackadder's Christmas Carol! Oh joy, it's on YouTube!

For me it's either A Charlie Brown Christmas and a vintage black and white version of A Christmas Carol.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I like those classics from the 1960s, like Santa Claus is Coming to Town. I also like Frosty, Rudolph, and other similar shows from that vintage. I must admit that I missed out on most of the good ones from the late 1980s and early 1990s, thanks to the witlesses--and, unlike the songs, I do not have time to dig through hours and hours of footage to find the good ones.

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

A Christmas Story has become tradition on our house. I don't have the nostalgia of what others have, because they grew up with them. I have had to build my own memories, and Ralphie is a big one for me.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Miracle on 34th Street.

George Balachine's Nutcracker Suite.

I hate the Mormon Tabernacle Christmas Choir -- put it out there in case they made a film. The music is horrid.

Andy Williams Christmas specials.

Muppets--a new Muppets film is out.

Dicken's A Christmas Carol. - not certain which version.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I've got everything mentioned here except the version of the Nutcraker BOTR metioned. I've watched some of the version of the NC they ran on TV this year. The colors looked pretty dull in them to me. The music was and dancing was good but I expect the colors to be bold and vivid like the live version we used to go see at the Dorothy Chandler in LA. I'm going to Barnes and Noble this morning and will see if the George Balachine's Nutcracker is still available.

• I quit!
    I quit!

Oops, double post

• Dagney
    Dagney

(waves to I quit! How ya doing? Good on you for having your celebration...)

I'm not in the groove with the Christmas Specials...yet. I'm curious about "Blackadder," have no idea what that is. I like Charlie Brown, still like "Wonderful Life," "Christmas Vacation", and always play "Elf" (love it) and "Love Actually."

Oh yes, "Miracle on 34th", any "Nutcracker." I think I'll be home this time so I'll see what they have going.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit