Is this any way to get a convert??

by tenyearsafter 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

When you come back to the WBT$/JW`s..

I`ll take the Knives out of your Back..

Love Mom..

http://madmikesamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/dear-maddy-angry-old-lady-glasses-210x210.jpg

....................... ...OUTLAW

• wasblind
    wasblind

Nobody shows it better than the " OUTLAW "

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

This is just another sad example of how socially retraded these people can be. Did she really think she could compartmentalize the conversation with your wife and that she would not find offense with it? Yes she did. JW's will walk up and talk about any of your df'd or inactive relatives as if they are the most henious individuals in the world. Then wonder why u would take offense.

Hey look I have some cousins that really are a waste of oxygen, but I would never, never make that point to their parents. Not my place. JW's think the world is their place and that they are entitled to make comments like that.

Sounds like Mom is definately in tight with that religion. Sorry bro.

BTW Alvin Lee kicks on guitar

• clarity
    clarity

Elderelite...

"She loves you as a son, wants to love you, but feels she shouldnt because you "betrayed jeh ovah"....

That is it in a nutshell!

clarity

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I'd be happy.

There is no way your wife will ever join the Dubbies now.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "If anything, my mom pretty much assured that my wife would NEVER accept JW's as a possible life choice. By the way, the minute I came back with her items from the store, she became the sweet mother again doting on her son. ...."

Such two-faced behavior is a microcosm of the Watchtower Corporation's insane hypocrisy....

And is far too typical.

I watched such hypocrisy in my own parents as I grew up, and it was instrumental in helping me see the evil of the organization.

I am so sorry about such behavior directed towards you, however...

And I'm channeling my inner she-devil, now...

If I had been in your wife's place, when you first walked in, I would have said something to the effect of,

"Hello, dear!!! We were just having the most INTERESTING conversation about you!"

In the brightest, chirpiest, most cheerful tone possible... And I would have finished that comment off with a very wicked grin at your mother...

Hey, I'm not the She-Devil for nothing...

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and thoughts! I am convinced that my wife may be the only key to "unlocking" the JW mindset in my mom. She wants to try and get through to mom, but she is concerned it could end up blowing up in her face. The one thing that has crystallized is how my wife feels about the JW religion...and it isn't good.

Wha Happened...Alvin Lee does kick on guitar!!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

As long as she only drip feeds doubt through carefully chosen questions while maintaining the image of a potential recruit, she should be able to get away with quite a bit.

Mother should be encouraged to give her magazines etc. so that she is the one that supplies the excuse for the conversation and the material to work with. The two 607 articles would be good.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

As Frank Sinatra sings, "nice and easy does it every time"!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My parents did that to my husband. It did not endear my hubby to them at.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit