Breaking News from Steve Unthank - Police Launch Investigation into Traralgon Congregation

by Broken Promises 78 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Hi FALCON, nice to see someone here trying to be reasonable. You'll likely find though, that if you don't join the angry majority.. and you try to put forward an opposing viewpoint or encourage people to think rather than just incite trouble via needless sensationalism/assumptions... You'll quickly be labelled as an 'apologist' and mentally grouped with the Jw's. Many here may tell you that the WT preaches hate or that they're antagonistic towards those who disagree with them.. Stay here a while, try to give an opposing viewpoint or encourage people not to make potentially dangerous generalisations/ assumptions.. You'll be insulted and sworn at before you know it. Check out the following links. Great first post.. I'd suggest finding a site with people that are more reasonable and less antagonistic, if you are anything like me you may not fit in here :)

• The Quiet One
  • The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

encourage people to think rather than just incite trouble vianeedless sensationalism/assumptions... You'll quickly be labelled as an 'apologist' and mentally grouped with the Jw's. http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/219581/3/THE-WATCHTOWER-SAYS-THEY-ARE-ARE-NOT-INSPIRED

• metatron
    metatron

Uh...... yeah, apparently you're a dolt. If you bother to read the above comments by scenic viewer and me, we're not talking about an organization full of pedophiles - just a few, mishandled by a corrupt organization.

Since you want to change the subject (such as about Watchtower false prophecy), if anyone is interested in the Watchtower preaching hate, why consider the thread on 'Society cracks down on faders' as an example. The Bible tells them not to be making enemies and they do the opposite.

metatron

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Wobble is absolutely correct in the statements about hatred of wrongdoing and those who perpetrate it.

Read the watchtowers on apostasy and feel the seething hatred drip from the page as the Faithful Slave recommend -yes- HATRED.

HB

• I_falcon
    I_falcon

@DaCheech
    Thankyou for saying you can see/comprehend what I said. You said "to get to the WT, you gotta cut the rank and file." I disagree. It will do no good to remove a few individuals at the top. They will be replaced. What has to happen ultimately is to expose the organizations statements as fully hollow and false. IMHO, that is the best way to get where we want to go.

@metatron
    > "Excuse me, Watchtower Apologist, but where are the f**king angels and holy spirit that are supposed to be keeping the organization clean? Off duty? Lazy?"

EXCUSE ME !! Do not call me a WT apologist, metatron!!

> "... they may have been entirely symbiotic in one congregation and perhaps the entire Branch organization."

Hmmm. Limited perspective, but taken as a generalized truth? Is that what you are saying? (If we find a couple 'terrorists', then there MUST be lots more....)

> "... Because I have direct experience in my own family with this very sort of 'elder-son-cover-up' scandal, as an indirect victim."

I'm sorry for that. But you really can't apply the same terms or conditions elsewhere. Yes of course the same problem is in other cong's, but does that mean it is endemic to the whole system?? I don't think so.

> "I don't believe that JW's are some sort of pedophile paradise - that's ridiculous.....but I do believe that Witnesses are so insular, cultish and collectively bereft of moral good sense that they would look the other way or cover up or lie about such things, in the name of avoiding shame on their organizational-idol."

The KH/Church is like a magic-spell to people. Were you ever a JW? Did you believe in defending what you thought was a righteous god and caring organization?? I know I did! But how I have changed from then!! Should I despise myself metatron??? It's better to clear our heads - they have been full of assumptions and trusts that did not belong there. We were deceived!! I was deceived, you were deceived, they were deceived. Get it? Listen to what I'm going to say now. I AM NOT SOFT ON THE WTS FOR ITS LIES AND POISONS. IT RUINS FAMILIES AND HAS RUINED MANY LIVES. HAS IT RUINED YOUR LIFE? YOU ARE STILL ALIVE, YOU KNOW.

A phrase comes to mind. 'Correlation is not causation.'

@theQuietOne
    Very interesting observation indeed TQO! Hmmmm....

@metatron
    > "we're not talking about an organization full of pedophiles - just a few, mishandled by a corrupt organization."
    Yes it is corrupt, of course, I agree on that. I disagree on how to improve the situation. 'You can catch more bee's with honey than with vinegar.'

@hamsterbait
    > "Read the watchtowers on apostasy and feel the seething hatred drip from the page as the Faithful Slave recommend -yes- HATRED."

I don't fully agree with that statement - but let's say it's true for argument sake. If the WTS supports hatred (for any 'righteous cause') is that 'good moral sense' to practice it yourself after you leave the org.??? Where is it 'good' to have hatred?? Really, tell me.

...falcon....

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

@ I_falcon,

In your remarks to metatron you said,

Yes it is corrupt, of course, I agree on that.

Am I reading you right, yre you agreeing that the Watchtower is corrupt in it's handling of the child molestation issues? If so, you must also be agreeing that the 'spiritual paradise' that the Watchtower claims to have isn't real.

• I_falcon
    I_falcon

@ScenicViewer:

> "Am I reading you right, yre you agreeing that the Watchtower is corrupt in it's handling of the child molestation issues? If so, you must also be agreeing that the 'spiritual paradise' that the Watchtower claims to have isn't real."

Right!

Would you appreciate a scripture that I feel helps say how the WTS is corrupt and they don't teach the right 'spiritual paradise', too? ..... Or, is this something you don't want to know?

.....falcon.....

• Azazel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit