Breaking News from Steve Unthank - Police Launch Investigation into Traralgon Congregation

by Broken Promises 78 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I'm glad we have laws to protect the innocent!

The wt will be acccountable.

And if they leave the congregation high and dry to fend for themselves, it will hurt them with the power of the internet!

• Gayle
    Gayle

It looks like most of you are acting like paparazzi, and drooling for blood

That is quite an extreme accusation. Actually, it is time for this overdue justice to prevail. This issue is not just some remote singular issue in some far away country. I know ones who were molested by JWs and that was 40/50 yrs ago. These grew up with long-term hurt and damage. Some of these were servants, some even after the known fact later became elders. The congregations/organization knew.

I think of Jesus, who had 'righteous indignation,' over-turned tables in the temple and that was over 'money.' Now its time to "over-turn" congregations, organized religion for the children.

If a congregation, church, religious organization will not go through 'all' (including Caesar's laws) means to protect the innocent children, then it must be exposed. That the Watchtower organization had to get to this very fundamental action of court preliminary hearings to enforce this, proves their stubborness, arrogance, insensitivity in protecting their own members.

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

I_falcon

Is it wise to post incomplete details of the exact matter while it is still not even investigated, BUT POST THE SPECIFIC CONGREGATION INVOLVED?!

true

But we all express different opinions and different levels of disgust. It isn't all disgust all the time

• I_falcon
    I_falcon

@Aussie oz
    > "As for inciting hate...i think you need to hold the mirror to the WT not us. Yes we get pissed off lots, we tell it like it is, like it or not. The WT and a good many are drooling for our blood don't you worry, and it is a war, one waged on the internet."

The WTS certainly does publish 'sickening' statements, ie; don't go to higher schooling, don't respect other denominations; don't listen to provable facts from ex-jw's; don't listen to your own heart (it is treacherous); don't accept what the Bible says, believe what we tell you the Bible says; etc etc.

Yes I am very disgusted by the WTS too!! It is very manipulating, and insideous! But I don't write angry hateful generalizations about the organization or it's people that ignorantly follow it, like is evidenced in this very message thread.

@Alfred
    Why should you be anything different than a hatemonger for what the WTS has done ???
    Because your life is worth more than all that hate and resentment. And it won't fix the problem either.
    > "When it comes to pedophiles who constantly get their own way with innocent children and are well-protected by a multi-billion dollar publishing cult"...
    Uhm - You make it sound so SYSTEMATIC. You think it's all that intentional?? At the very least, the WTS is not so different than any other insular church group.

@wobble
    > "Even gentle Christians should hate that which is evil, the JW's as an organisation, and as described above , are evil."
    That is a very extreme generalization, and is hate mongering. Show me in the Bible where Jesus supported any form of hate???

@Gayle
    > " 'It looks like most of you are acting like paparazzi, and drooling for blood.'
    That is quite an extreme accusation."
    Notice I said 'looks like most'. I'm not being weasley, I said it carefully in the first place. I'm not so much making an 'accusation' as making My Statement and Observation, and I used paparazzi as a comparitive. Which I stand behind. I see what is written here by people....

I know all about the feeling of threat and damage from molestation... Little ones are told to stay quiet or their mother will be killed, etc etc... And when trusted people turn on you, it is crushing even more.... So all this 'righteous hate' is going to help the overall situation and 'make things safer' ??? There is no escaping the risks of pedophiles or other selfish human greeds - In, or out of any church. You are told by the WTS/churches to "follow compassion - and this is what compassion is...", but you are also told "do not follow your own sense of compassion for it is wrong."

I'm all for protecting the innocent children, but lets not forget the innocent adults as well. 99% of people that go to KH's are not pedophiles! Be aware how you paint things! The way some talk, it's implied as if the WTS and pedophiles are synonymous and symbiotic. Specifically what Alfred said. THAT is an extreme accusation.

Ultimately, I'm all for seeing guilty parties pay their dues. But I don't support vicious attitudes or generalizations based on group-think!!!

...falcon....

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Did you make your time yet?

• I_falcon
    I_falcon

@wha happened

WTF? Just cuz I don't join in the 'festival' here, doesn't mean I'm a covert-JW.... Is it because I mentioned the bible or Jesus??

<grumble>>>>

.....falcon.....

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Falcon, I see what you say.

but, to get to the WT, you gotta cut the rank and file.

if the courts go after both, but the WT leaves the rank and file high and dry.............. then there will be a demoralizing affect upon the rest

• metatron
    metatron

so, 99% of JW's are not pedophiles. Amazing. Fantastic. Should we high five on that?

Excuse me, Watchtower Apologist, but where are the f**king angels and holy spirit that are supposed to be keeping the organization clean? Off duty? Lazy? Looking for work? Obsessed with smokers and common teenage fornicators? ........ or how about just a myth?

and pedophiles aren't symbiotic, huh? Well, if the rumors are true, it seems that they may have been entirely symbiotic in one congregation and perhaps the entire Branch organization, if this was covered up. Like when two organisms live together and cooperate - except in this case to conceal gross wrongdoing.

I don't believe that JW's are some sort of pedophile paradise - that's ridiculous.....but I do believe that Witnesses are so insular, cultish and collectively bereft of moral good sense that they would look the other way or cover up or lie about such things, in the name of avoiding shame on their organizational-idol.

Why do I think this? Because I have direct experience in my own family with this very sort of 'elder-son-cover-up' scandal, as an indirect victim.

metatron

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

I_falcon said,

99% of people that go to KH's are not pedophiles!

That leaves 1% who are. Appriximately 1 for every congregation. That is a horrible statistic.

Actually I doubt there are that many, but that isn't the point. The point is the way the Society covers up the problem, pushing the victims into the background, neglecting their needs, while trying to maintain the good, clean public image of an organization that is enjoying a 'Spiritual Paradise', when in reality it is no different from many other religious groups.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

it's all about image

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit