Tebowing in the Kingdom Hall... Funny? Not funny?

by oppostate 19 Replies latest social humour

• oppostate
    oppostate

Tebowing is defined as "to get down on a knee and start praying, even if everyone else around you is doing something completely different."

http://tebowing.com/about

Here's Tim Tebow in full tebowing stance:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-WTKibiB9Xqw/TuoXKXiY-PI/AAAAAAAAAyU/cGdaHQSfsFQ/s400/Tim+Tebow.jpg

Would tebowing in the Kingdom Hall be funny?

Not funny? Would it be reason for DF'ing?

• oppostate
  • Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

looks to me like a deliberate attempt to say ''look at me, aren't I holy''

should have the back of their heads hit with a piece of 2x4. probably are not 'praying' anyway...

shmucks

oz

• bnybyt
    bnybyt

LOL @Aussie Oz.

You know that if anyone tried Tebowing at a Christendom church it seems nobody would bat an eyelash.

But have it happen in a Kingdom Hall and all H*E*L*L would break loose, sending the hounders after the Tebowing perpetrators.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I think public displays aren't just cheap attention getters. Go home and do it in private.

• simon17
    simon17

I wonder what will happen during losing streaks... prostrating himself and ripping of garments? Perhaps a chalice?

• xchange
    xchange

Does he 'Tebow' after sex? I mean, he does technically score after the deed.

• bnybyt
    bnybyt

Oh, to be a teenager again and try this out at the KH! That would be a great laugh. Can you imagine the counsel from the hounders?

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

(Matthew

“Also, when YOU pray, YOU must not be as the hypocrites; because they like to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the broad ways to be visible to men. Truly I say to YOU, They are having their reward in full. 6 You, however, when you pray, go into your private room and, after shutting your door, pray to your Father who is in secret; then your Father who looks on in secret will repay you.7 But when praying, do not say the same things over and over again, just as the people of the nations do, for they imagine they will get a hearing for their use of many words. 8 So, do not make yourselves like them, for God YOUR Father knows what things YOU are needing before ever YOU ask him. 9 “YOU must pray, then, this way: “‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified. 10 Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth. 11 Give us today our bread for this day; 12 and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. 13 And do not bring us into temptation, but deliver us from the wicked one.’ 14 “For if YOU forgive men their trespasses, YOUR heavenly Father will also forgive YOU; 15 whereas if YOU do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will YOUR Father forgive YOUR trespasses. 16 “When YOU are fasting, stop becoming sad-faced like the hypocrites, for . . .

6:5-16)5

By the way, the one comment on that article regarding the students suspended for Tebowing made me chuckle to myself. "At least they weren't Sanduskying"

• blondie
    blondie

I remember one meeting where a sister brought her student for the first time. The sister had explained the general procedures, song, prayer, meeting, song, meeting, song, prayer, but had neglected to explain the proper position for prayer at the KH. When the prayer began, she too got down on her knees shocking everyone....she didn't realize that standing upright, bowed head was strongly preferred; I was even told that eyes closed was required which was ignored by every mother with a child to watch and thump on the head during the prayer. Even sitting was frowned upon unless you could PROVE you were physically disabled and could not stand.

This also reminds me of jws that with much open righteousness pray at a restaurant, a brother praying out loud for the group, no individual silent prayers allowed. As if someone would name the name of their God and become a jw because of viewing their holiness.

Almost always these were brothers that never prayed at home before the family dinner, never had a family study and prayed over that. One young brother said the only time he ever saw his father pray was at the KH occassionally; but during convention time when they went out to eat, his father always prayed them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit