A little example of how severely the contributions for the Society are drying up

by sir82 86 Replies latest jw friends

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Did they not recently set up a simplified funding arrangement?

Each congregation to donate 3.00 per publisher per year?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Probably one of their biggest sources of revenue is inheritance from the savings of dutiful members who leave then everything. No wonder they have been pushing it so strongly in recent years. Their attempts to alienate members from wordly and disfellowshipped family members also takes on a sinister aspect from this perspective.

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

When I was a JW, I rarely contributed money. I barely financed my pioneer work and showed up for lots of cleaning and maintenence projects and brought food for other projects. Back then I thought, "they get plenty of my time for free, I'm not giving them my money too."

• Scully
    Scully

nugget writes:

The elders actually made it a condition of appointment that brothers set up a direct debit for monthly contributions.

That's disgusting. What it means is that any @$$hole that wanted to be Presiding Overseer™ or whatever the hell they call it now, can basically just outbid the rest of them by making bigger Contributions™.

Sounds like simony, a move right out of the Borgias playbook.

• moshe
    moshe

The JWs are indeed a thrifty group-- menial jobs do require belt tightening

• Scully
    Scully

@ moshe

"... and getting car insurance with Geico!"

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Wow!! Our local needs was all about contributing money too! The brother giving the part said, " We are NOT saying this as an amount, but let's say every publisher gave $10 per month.....". Wait until you read the next WT study article! I am sure Blondi will cover it well. Basically they want you to be poor, spend all your extra time for them, and don't work too much... you know, stay right at the poverty line. In the meantime they will keep expanding factories and buying and selling because it in done in the interest of God's Kingdom. So if you earn some extra dough or send your child to school beyond High School, it has no future. If THEY plan ahead it has a future!! When you find yourself on the arena floor in a wheelchair, and you can't wait for lunch to eat your cat-food you bought at Shop-n-Save so you can afford your medication, don't expect one red cent from them rewarding you for all your years of loyalty...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit