A little example of how severely the contributions for the Society are drying up

by sir82 86 Replies latest jw friends

• Ding
    Ding

When I was a study, they told me that the WTS was different from Christendom because JWs gave willingly without the external motivations caused by passing a collection plate. Sounds like they have a need for other external motivation techniques, though...

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

How long before the design of KH's and Assy. Halls is modified so that they are even easier to sell ?

I believe they are already doing this and have been for some time. For Instance, new Kingdom Hall locations are nearly always in prime locations (within sight of major highways), KH designs can no longer have the popular 'watchtower' shaped brickwork you used to see (existing Kingdom Halls are instructed to remove the brickwork at the next remodel), Halls with resale value are selected for renovation while others with less value (in out-of-the way neighborhoods) are allowed to deteriorate. In the 70s thru 90s, Halls were often built without windows, recent renovation of those halls have added windows.

All of these things to me indicate preparations for resale. The same holds true for Assembly Halls. Newly built ones are of a special design which would be easy to market.

• wasblind
    wasblind

These people are payin' a corporation and workin' for free

religious corporation or not , anything' corporate is a bussiness

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Tax them.

Bangalore

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is what happens when you produce a "product" that is essentially worthless. Would you pay for something that is rubbish? Hardly.

There are ways to get back into profitability. The best is to simply put out a product that has value. People generally donate according to the value they are receiving, and if they are receiving no (or negative) value, they will donate nothing. This also happens if they are going into hardship, and the washtowel policies are guaranteeing hardships. My rule is to never donate to a religious organization to the point of hardship--if God wants or needs you to do more, it's his responsibility to make sure AHEAD OF TIME (no fair expecting people to pass any faith tests) that the person can donate it without creating any hardship. If Jehovah will not ensure that people are well off enough so that donating doesn't create a potential hardship, then he doesn't deserve anything.

The other ways to get back to sustainable profits (at least for the time being) include requiring donations, tithing under threat of disfellowshipping, more "robbing Jehovah" rubbish at the boasting sessions, and continually wearing members out with endless pledge slips hounding them to donate whatever they can (with putting themselves into hardship). The pledge forms would be handed out and filled out, in view of Brother Hounder, and signed by the hounders. If you stint or put zero on your form, or don't turn in one, you are guilted to death. If you try and snake-fill it, you simply get another one. They won't listen to explanations that you are already in hardship--you simply will be ordered to trust that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag Jehovah, or he will make sure you don't make it. Then, once you put an impossibly high pledge on that form, you will be held to it under "false pledging" (meaning, you can get disfellowshipped if you don't make your pledge for whatever reason). Paying bills would come second--the "Trust in Jehovah" crap would be played to death.

As for me, I don't plan on donating anything of value. If pushed, I will simply take the slip home and leave it there (in a million pieces). Upon being handed another, I will simply tell them that, now that they have hounded me beyond reason, there is no way I could do anything and have it not be "to please man". And they get nothing. After that, I simply bring a portable cross-cut shredder and shred them into a pile on the floor, and leave it there--and tell them to go ahead and waste as many of them as they wish to see on the floor in a million pieces (and not lift a finger to clean it up).

No value from their product, no donations.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Can you imagine a tithin' box in the back of the Hall that say's

" Don't rob God "

Don't be surprised, if they start tithin' and make up a new definition

for that word just like they did "GENERATION"

• moshe
    moshe

The WT society doesn't care, if a KH has underperforming donations- as long as the property is worth a lot more than the value of the WT issed mortgage. Just merge them to another KH and foreclose/sell the KH.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello there Moshe,

nice to see ya, I been watchin' your reruns on tv ( Jack Benny )

they brought back dinah shore too ha ha, those shows are a tad

before my time , just a tad :))

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Ironic that the WT in an attempt to avoid taxation, (and loss of revenue as a result), Turns itself into a slow bleed out.

• hijosdelawatch
    hijosdelawatch

Exactly the same in my congregation.

But well, I think they can live with their investments pretty well. Do they also need contributions?

In my area they even receive the ground when a new KH is needed. Of course, they receive the money as they have to sell the old KH but the congregations need to give more money to build up the new one. Why can't we use the money from the selling? We all know the answer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit