Christopher Hitchens has died.

by botchtowersociety 32 Replies latest social current

• dgp
    dgp

...about a year ago, I was informed by a doctor that I might have as little as another year to live. In consequence, some of these articles were written with the full consciousness that they might be my very last...

...it has given me a more vivid idea of what makes life worth living, and defending, and I hope very much that some of this may infect those of you who have been generous enough to read me this far...

... any surrender to fatalism or despair would have been as rank a betrayal of what I hope to stand for as any capitulation to magical or wishful schemes would have been...

Arguably
    Christopher Hitchens
    June 26, 2011

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

R.I.P. Mister , and I repeat, Mister Christopher Hitchens. We've just lost one fo the great if not the greatest independent thinker of the past two generations. I bought, Arguably, two weeks ago, and to think I had the nerve to ask the clerk when the paperback edition was coming out as I hate buying hardbacks. Regardless of the cover, anything he wrote was worth reading. I'll miss him. R.I.P.. People like him, matter fact, INDIVIDUALS, like him, deserve every bit of credit in the world. They've got the format, and the balls to express themselves regardless of who disagrees, and that makes them GODS in my book. Fukk the Bible, give me anything Mister Christopher Hitchens wrote anyday!!!!! R.I.P..

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

The literary value and brilliance of his words were right up there with Franklin and Thomas Paine. Perhaps the reason that some disliked Mr. Hitchens so much was that his arguments challenged people to actually think about and question their own belief systems, causing them discomfort, as his words made too much sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit