Christopher Hitchens has died.

by botchtowersociety 32 Replies latest social current

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

MD Anderson is one of the finest cancer research and treatment centers in the world. In my opinion, and I am somewhat familiar with a lot of what is going on in the field, it may even be the best.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I know - I was just making a snide right-wing comment about socialized medicine.

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

so much for the best, i guess they will lose a few rep points for this one. it's a sad day. many believed this man was evil, he was actually a passionate humanitarian. whether his views would be of use or not, his motives were geared toward the betterment of human life and society. he lived a life in deep pain (probably why he was 23/7 intoxicated). i know his mother took her own life when he was just a boy, this obviously was a large part of his profound pain. he has moved on to the next life.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I am deeply saddened by the death of Mr. Hitchens, as is God (Ezekiel 28:13).

• Open mind
    Open mind

I will drink (my first) Johnny Walker Black in his memory.

I'll miss you Hitch.

om

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Not sure if He'd be happy to hear it, but he made me a better Christian and a better apologist.

• unshackled
  • Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

He had an outsized impact on public debate. Left too soon.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Interesting that he chose to go to Houston for medical care rather than stay in Britain.

Not at all. He was an American citizen and resided in America so there was never any question of his "staying in Britain."

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    Not at all. He was an American citizen and resided in America so there was never any question of his "staying in Britain."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7muS0qFor6g

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit