Christopher Hitchens has died.

by botchtowersociety 32 Replies latest social current

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2011/12/In-Memoriam-Christopher-Hitchens-19492011

It angers me that we still do not have the technology to save these people.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Such a brilliant mind.

He will be missed.

• botchtowersociety
  • Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Word.

RIP Hitch

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Saw that last night. A great mind gone. He will be missed. Or burn in hell depending on who's right.

• lohengren
    lohengren

A great loss indeed.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

My favorite "militant atheist" :(

I loved his debating style and his charm, he wasn't always right ( who of us is?) and he may have been overly "anti-religious" but he was honest in his beliefs and never tried to go beyond his PERSONAL issues with religion and make it "more than that".

Since He is dead I know this won't piss himoff so I cna say that, I pray for him and his family and pray that Our Lord keep Him and strenghten His family.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

He was a brilliant writer. Just finished a listening to a BBC radio show about him. They interviewed a bunch of people, including Blair.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

he is my favorite debator. He was suposse to debate one of my other favorite debators, James White before he got sick. Its a shame that debate will never happen. I felt like he was a refreshing no BS voice, and during news interviews, he interjected intelligence, logic, and wit where it was needed most. i think we need more people like him around, but sadly there arent many, and there wont be any like him again.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Interesting that he chose to go to Houston for medical care rather than stay in Britain.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit