Today's Logic Puzzle

by Farkel 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

In a certain Circuit, all Elders are jerks.

1/2 of all the Ministerial Servants are also jerks.

1/2 of all the jerks in that Circuit are Elders.

There are 40 Elders are 46 Ministerial Servants.

No Elder is a Ministerial Servant.

1/2 of the number of Jerks who are not Elders or Ministerial Servants are Pedophiles.

How many Pedophiles are there in that Circuit?

Farkel

"I didn't mean what I meant."

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

hehe fark!

nice to see ya BUT...

are you ever going to explain the last puzzle to me?? you gave me the answer, but never an explaination on how you got to it ... and i've been looking for you .

you're happy cause you smile but how much can you fake...

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

One is too many.

• ChuckD
    ChuckD

Eight & 1/2 of them.

• Farkel
    Farkel

bitter mango,

You mean the one about "what is the next number in the sequence?" All of the numbers in the sequence were base representations of the same number. The last number in the sequence was a representation of the number in binary. The next to the last number was in base 3, second-next-to-last number was in base 4, and so forth.

Farkel

"I didn't mean what I meant."

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I'm a big dummy lol. My son is sitting here trying to figure it out so I will let him do so and post his answer. brb

I still think the number is zero

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • ChuckD
    ChuckD

If half of all the jerks are elders, and there are 40 Elders (of which ALL are jerks) then there must be 80 jerks.

Subtracting these 40, we are left with 40, of which 23 are MS's (1/2 of the 46 MS's).

Subtracting 23 from 40 leaves 17. If half of THOSE jerks are pedophiles, then it is 8 1/2.

cd

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

((((FARKEL)))) absolutly rocking. i can finally sleep easy again .

you're happy cause you smile but how much can you fake...

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

ok, Steven said 21.1 Is that correct?

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • cellomould
    cellomould

Here's the rub, Farkel:

You didn't say that the only pedophiles were non-elders, non-MS. So I'd say that a significant fraction of the appointed men could also be pedophiles!

In other words, who knows?!

Funny...

cellomould

"In other words, your God is the warden of a prison where the only prisoner is your God." Jose Saramago, The Gospel According to Jesus Christ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit