My Father Died

by teenyuck 41 Replies latest jw friends

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Hi all,

I just found out my father died today...he had a heart attack in the middle of the night. He was 63, one month shy of his 64th birthday.

My 1/2 brother, age 19, who has been living with him trying to get off drugs, found him in his bed.

He tried to perform CPR and it did not work. The paramedics came and they were unable to revive him.

He had been a JW for about 10 years. He got DF'd for smoking in 1974. We have had a rocky relationship due to his remarriage. His 2nd wife really disliked my sister and I and as a result we saw very little of our father over the last 20 years.

We lately had really talked alot and he told me one of the reasons for divorcing my mother was due to the JW's and all the restrictions on their life. (read sex) He recently told me loved my mother still and would remarry her in a heart beat. She would not...but she still loved him and she is really upset that he passed on.

Anyway, I am really sad and hope you can all get in touch with someone you love and tell them that before it is too late.

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

((((puffs)))),

My deepest sympathies on the loss of your father.

Dana

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

((((((PUFFS))))))

I'm so sorry! You'll be in my thoughts. I wish you comfort and peace.

Andi

• JT
    JT

I'm sorry about your loss

my wife and i will have you in our thoughts

this religion has distroyed so many family and friendship ties over the years that the human love cost is uncountable

you have folks here who do care

PLEASE EMAIL ANY OF US THAT YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH and we will call

if you like feel free to email me

[email protected]

• puzzled
    puzzled

Puff, I'm so very sorry. Your relationship with your father sounds so much like mine. I don't know what to say.......

Hugs.

plmkrzy

• exodus
    exodus

Hi Puffs,

(((((Puffs)))))

I'm Sorry to hear about your father. My sincere condolences and deepest sympathy for you and family. We are here for you.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Puffs,

((((((((hugs)))))))))

I can totally relate to your situation.

• Princess
    Princess

So sorry Puffs.

Princess

• Kep
    Kep

Puffs,
    I am sorry to hear of your loss, and that because of the borg your relationship with him was not the best.
    I was the same with my Dad until I got Dfd.
    He was the only one there for me.
    I was blessed to have almost 7 years of him in my life.
    I lost him last month.
    Think of all the good times and talks you had. Keep him in your heart.
    Thinking of you.
    Kep

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

aww hunny, i'm so sorry. *hugs and love*

you're happy cause you smile but how much can you fake...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit