Do You Agree That Being A JW=Never Growing To Your Full Potential?

by minimus 23 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

sad, isn't it?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Minimus:

Even though most people don't reach their full "potential", they at least had a job and made their way. It isn't everybody who is able to search out and fulfill their each and every talent because the average person simply doesn't have the time or money to do so.

However, the tragedy with the religion is that people are stunted in just the average every-day things in life, like making a living and functioning in the real world.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Of course. Yet I have the present and the future to soar. So many times I knew to appreciate things b/c of the Witness culture. Also, being working class, I had so many crap jobs just to have spending money. My middle class classmates had trust funds or generous allowances. I always went the extra nth b/c of my background. When I felt discouraged, I pictured myself staying where I was. Friends said they envied me. When everyone else was !@#$%^&* about school, I was dreamy about the privilege of school.

Staying where my JW family was scared the living daylights out of me. It worked better than a Triumph or Hermes bag graduation gift.

I have this link with extreme poverty and JWs. My family was drawn into a public housing project for the KH cachement area. This past week my sister and I were remarking how glorious it was to visit my aunt's suburban KH. JWs aren't automatically poor.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Absolutely. Even if you become a brilliant speaker because of the TMS, so many (the vast majority) do not reach their full potential. I know I could have done much more and gone further if I did not have WT restrictions imposed on me. I would have loved to have done a PhD for example.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit