The boy that visited Heaven

by PSacramento 42 Replies latest social current

• designs
    designs

cofty- honest to gawd he really believes these videos. Remember the video of the old guy with the pulsating crotch

Big Business selling this stuff to the religious, $money$

• steve2
    steve2

The need to believe is often stronger than the need to scrutinize. Blessings feel better than simple "cheers". Spirituality inflates its own importance and on and on it grows and goes. 'It feels good so it must be true' is probably preferable to the dismal negativity of some organized religions - but whether it is 'true-r" is dubious.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Just to expand on my earlier comment after reading all the others.

When I saw the initial interview on tv, the boy seemed like he didn't want any part of it. I think the boy was coached to the nth degree by his father.

As far as a money making scheme, nawwwww! They donated the majority of the printed books to different TV ministries. What they made was most likely less than $5K on the whole shebang.

As some of you know....I have taken the Christian "praise the Lord" route since leaving the WT. Over the years I have become more and more skeptical and am ready to go my own way. Churches and religion are really starting to turn me off from my personal experiences with them.

I'm starting to understand "jumping from the frying pan into the fire" concept.

I do enjoy attending a good church service but they all want you to get involved. That involvement is more than I want these days.

Many people in churches are just as phony and back stabbing and petty as the JW's I was surrounded by for over 30 years.

I do believe in God and in the Bible so please don't condemn me for that.

Anyhow.......there is a lot of money to be made from writing books but I doubt this kid and his family are now driving a BMW or whatever! A few on JWN have written books and can tell you first hand that there is no money putting them in a 6 figure income bracket.

Have a good evening all.

HappyDad

• designs
    designs

Happy-

I understand taking the Church route you did. I spent several years going to Synagogue and Churches after I left the Watchtower. If this family did give their money to church groups I wonder if they felt coerced like Witnesses do to leave their estates to the Society or to give more contributions. I'd almost feel better if they had kept the money, hearing they gave to churches really creeped me out.

• Chalam
    Chalam

cofty Stephen - please you are insulting our intelligence.

1 Corinthians 1:18-24

New International Version (NIV)

Christ Crucified Is God’s Power and Wisdom
    18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written:

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
    the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”

20 Where is the wise person? Where is the teacher of the law? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. 22 Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom, 23 but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, 24 but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

• Chalam
    Chalam

I heard Mickey's testimony on Sid's show a few years back but I am sure it will be just as compelling on Patricia King's :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSp4JiNbGFo

• designs
    designs

Stephen- Christian charlatans go back to Paul's day. Can you recognize the brainwashing techniques in the Epistle's of Paul.

• Chalam
    Chalam

"I am sure it will be just as compelling on Patricia King's"

It was! Highly recommended :)

Blessings,

Stephen xx

• steve2
    steve2

Chalam replied:

Christ Crucified Is God’s Power and Wisdom
    18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written:
    “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
    the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”

Oh dear, yet another "true believer" trots out these "fire-proof" verses, just like the JWs do in earnest. "Make fun of us", declare the JWs, "it's foretold in scripture...blah, blah, blah".

With that kind of dead-end reasoning, when is something really and truly "foolishness"? Wake up and smell the religious trickery. Each organized religion has its own custom-made self-preservation idiocy. JWs have their distinctive kind, as do the other religions stemming from the talking snake branch of religion (which includes Christians, Jews and Moslems).

• still thinking
    still thinking

Just goes to show how young children can be brain washed...what we say and do is their reality...if we talk rubbish... thats their reality.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit