The US Will Become a Police State (not a joke)

by metatron 113 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

See:

http://www.aclu.org/blog/national-security/behind-closed-doors-congress-trying-force-indefinite-detention-bill-americans

This is not some made up, exaggerated joke. The Bill of Rights may be effectively canceled in the next few months.

metatron

• strymeckirules
    strymeckirules

George Carlin said it quite well:

"Forget the politicians. The politicians are put there to give you the idea that you have freedom of choice . . . you don’t. You have no choice. You have owners. They own you. They own everything. They own all the important land. They own, and control the corporations. They’ve long since bought, and paid for the Senate, the Congress, the state houses, the city halls, they got the judges in their back pockets and they own all the big media companies, so they control just about all of the news and information you get to hear. They got you by the balls. They spend billions of dollars every year lobbying . . . lobbying, to get what they want . . . Well, we know what they want. They want more for themselves and less for everybody else, but I’ll tell you what they don’t want . . . they don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that . . . that doesn’t help them. That’s against their interests. That’s right. They don’t want people who are smart enough to sit around a kitchen table and think about how badly they’re getting fucked by a system that threw them overboard 30 fuckin' years ago. They don’t want that. You know what they want? They want obedient workers . . . Obedient workers, people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork. And just dumb enough to passively accept all these increasingly shittier jobs with the lower pay, the longer hours, the reduced benefits, the end of overtime and vanishing pension that disappears the minute you go to collect it, and now they’re coming for your Social Security money. They want your fuckin' retirement money. They want it back so they can give it to their criminal friends on Wall Street, and you know something? They’ll get it . . . they’ll get it all from you sooner or later cause they own this fuckin' place. It’s a big club and you ain't in it. You and I are not in The big club. By the way, it’s the same big club they use to beat you over the head with all day long when they tell you what to believe. All day long beating you over the head with their media telling you what to believe, what to think and what to buy. The table has tilted folks. The game is rigged and nobody seems to notice. Nobody seems to care. Good honest hard-working people . . . white collar, blue collar it doesn’t matter what color shirt you have on. Good honest hard-working people continue, these are people of modest means . . . continue to elect these rich cocksuckers who don’t give a fuck about you. They don’t give a fuck about you . . . they don’t give a fuck about you. They don’t care about you at all . . . at all . . . at all, and nobody seems to notice. Nobody seems to care. That’s what the owners count on. The fact that Americans will probably remain willfully ignorant of the big red, white and blue dick that’s being jammed up their assholes everyday, because the owners of this country know the truth. It’s called the American Dream cause you have to be asleep to believe it..."

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

The US Will has Become a Police State (not a joke)

FTFY

Every day our freedoms are being taken away. We are like the proverbial frog in the pot of water.

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

I'm scared just living next door to you guys.. and I feel terrible for you yanks.. mostly because I personally feel the US will invade Canada at some point of time in the next 7-10 years. Why buy the oil, when you can just take it?

• JonathanH
    JonathanH

Why am I not surprised to find out after a little investigating that this is nothing more than more paranoid conspiracy theory nonsense.

http://www.dailyinterlake.com/opinion/editorials/article_7323c450-2155-11e1-8154-001871e3ce6c.html

Well, yes, somebody may be locked up, but we are confident that it won’t be good Americans. Indeed, if the thousands of people forwarding scary emails about the bill would stop and actually investigate, they would find out that in large measure U.S. citizens are exempted from the law.

Remember, this is a gargantuan 926-page bill, but there are only two small sections that have people up in arms, or nearly so. But it is those two exact sections that provide the evidence that there is nothing to panic about.

According to Section 1032 on “Requirement for Military Custody,” for instance, “the requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not apply to citizens of the United States.”

Seems pretty plain to us.

The right wing REALLY REALLY wants there to be a boogie man to revolt against.

• Night Owl
    Night Owl

The U.S. is a police state.

Night Owl

• metatron
    metatron

IF you read the criticisms of the bill, you will find out that it is ambiguous with regards to US citizens. Levin is reported to have said that it could be applied to US citizens.

No, it is not paranoid, tin hat nonsense for the ACLU to be afraid of this horror - and others are becoming frightened as well, even in the Defense community. I understand even General Petraeus is opposed to this bill.

And I would like to see accounts debunked that KBR has been contracted to FEMA to supply detention camps thruout the US. And that the Cerberus Group (of Chrysler buyout fame) is helping a private company called 'The Freedom Group" to buy up all major gun and ammunition companies in the US.

No, really, please debunk all of this, I'd rather be wrong !

metatron

• JeffT
    JeffT

According to wikipedia, the senate passed it by a wide margin. It seems that trampling our rights is a bipartisan exercise.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I'm scared just living next door to you guys.. and I feel terrible for you yanks.. mostly because I personally feel the US will invade Canada at some point of time in the next 7-10 years. Why buy the oil, when you can just take it?

OIL?

We're just looking for affordable medical coverage.

DOC

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    The US Will has Become a Police State (not a joke)
    FTFY
    Every day our freedoms are being taken away. We are like the proverbial frog in the pot of water.

This kind of foolishness is not helpful. Be specific or it's all hyperbolic nonsense.

Amazingly, as soon as a week from today, a final bill could be passed by Congress and headed to President Obama's desk. His White House has repeatedly threatened to veto the NDAA if these dangerous provisions stay in the bill.
    But should it really come to that? Congress itself should come to its senses and ditch the indefinite detention provisions.

As another article pointed out, Patreus, Panetta, the White House etc. are all against this. Apparently there are two bills, one in Congress and one in Senate. They have yet to be merged, approved, or signed by the President. Call your congress persons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit