Why are JW's so boring?

by howdidtihappen 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

What are you supposed to talk about after the meeting? The football game, the weather, your return visits?

If I had it my way I'd be throwing out speculation for consideration:

How's the earth going to make grain to the very tops of the mountains with its current state?

With so many being resurrected, will new births be allowed?

Will the dinosaurs come back?

Will the 144,000 be allowed to temporarily materialize in human form during the 1000 year reign?

Is there more to the 'sea is no more' comment in the bible?

The list goes on...

• Think About It
    Think About It
    Do JW's just not want to talk about anything that regular people with a clue about something in the world get together to talk about, or are they really that boring due to the brainwashing?

You want boring......try sex with a goody goody JW girl.

Think About It

• glenster
  • 2tone
    2tone

I dont know. I just dont get how some talk about theocratic topics all the time. Goin to the meeting twice a week and service is enough. I hate hearing it at home. I tell them quit talkin about it

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

If I ha a nickel for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" I'd be on vaacaa.

• Miles3
    Miles3

Being interested in other topics than the "truth" is considered a lack of spirituality, since any other topic than the Borg is worldy. Even the brothers and sisters that are interested in other stuff quickly learn to shut their mouth and never let anyone suspect that they have other interests in life. Playing an instrument (not "music", because music = worldy music, unless you make sure to explain that by playing music you mean playing theocratic songs, and they are so wonderful and raise your spirit and oh! fill you with joy and hapiness) and drawing are tolerated, but everyone will always remind you that they take time out of spiritual activities. Eventually the one playing music catches on and always ends the statement "I'm learing an instrument" with "but I'm so busy with spiritual activities to spend more time on it anymore". I can't count the number of brother and sisters that proudly told me they didn't read (worldy) books anymore because they are so busy in the truth. I'm a drone and proud of it!

Even learning a new language for preaching purposes can be construed as bad in the Borg. Those elders in your foreign language congregation that still don't manage to speak the language after 10 years will look down on anybody that progresses faster than them, because that must mean that those fluent speakers spent more time learning the language, and that time was not spent studying/preaching > lack of spirituality.

• Alfred
    Alfred

Because they are constantly reviewing the Watchtower Rule Book in their head before making any decisions on what to do or say... it almost paralyzes them...

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

INTERESTEDONE and ALFRED both hit the nail. I must say, though, our congregation tends to be quite "liberal" and people do tend to express their thoughts outside the "watchtower box" at times, albeit only briefly and to a limited degree. The congregation is less boring than most.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

To be interesting you need to be interested in life and all the things around you.

Most jdubs live their life drifting around like cows in a field. CULT PROGRAMMING.

The Witchtower tells them exactly what to talk about at parties. The Stepford Spouses.

HB

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The stupid rules. They are narrowed down so much by the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger that they don't have time to think outside the pattern.

The witlesses' positive thoughts (what they want) include things like attending all the boasting sessions, reading the littera-trash, and pious-sneering. They waste so much time pursuing that rubbish that it leaves them no time to think outside. Their negative things include materialism, sexual variety, going online, and those dreaded apostates. That is what gets drummed into their minds at the a$$emblies.

Their music (if you are willing to call such sxxx "music") consists of 135 pieces of the worst imaginable rubbish that worships their own Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger. There are very few topics that their music spans, and those run the length of their boasting sessions.

The littera-trash is also rubbish. They are supposed to read the littera-trash, going by that instead of the real world. I have found that most of the littera-trash follows either the Adam-to-New-World story and some facet therein, or gives lists of rules and regulations. They have next to no variety in that, and they cannot fill in with outside sources.

Their activities are reading the washtowel along with the Not Well Translated Version of the Bible, praying according to their formula, pondering the things found in the washtowel trying to make it real to them, going to boasting sessions, and field circus. They do very little else--and if they do something else, Brother Hounder is going to put a stop to it.

When you are constantly pondering the same rubbish, your personality is going to be affected. You think of nothing except the Tyranny, you act toward nothing but the Tyranny, you read nothing except the Tyranny, and pretty soon everything you think, say, and do revolves around the Tyranny.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit