Any Dylan fans?

by Dagney 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
  • flipper
    flipper

DAGNEY- I feel Bob wrote some really great songs. I have the old 1975 album " Desire " with the song " Hurricane " on it about the boxer Ruben " Hurricane " Carter who got imprisoned unjustly for a murder he didn't commit . Good album. But for me- the drawback on Dylan is I can only stand his singing voice for a few minutes at a time. It just ends up grating on me ! LOL ! But, yes, he's very talented

• Dagney
    Dagney

I know Flipper...but it's the words...they kill me.

• designs
    designs

You know me, I've got the Dylan Shrine, what would the 60's and 70's have been without Dylan.

The Times They Are A Changin

Love Minus Zero No Limit

Tangled Up In Blue

Knockin On Heaven's Door

I was listening to some of the pairings Dylan did with Johnny Cash, pretty great sound. Don't Think Twice Its Alright...Babe

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Bob Dylan is a great poet. Like with most people though, his voice can be a little grating to me. When you get other people covering the works of Bob Dylan, you realize just how awesome Bob Dylan is.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I am a huge fan of his earlier music. Saw him twice at Bangladesh concert. He took the show away from a Beatle and was only present under much durress. His commercial concert that followed was so bad. Philadelphia has a special bar tribute night on his birthday. I recall living in Greenwich Village and thinking the streets were hallowed b/c he walked them.

I would love to see him now if I heard that he was consistently good.

Dylan was worshipped as a demigod by my group. Recently, I described something to my young hairstylist as Dylanesque. She had no idea what the reference was. I kept telling her he was huge, almost as famous as a Beatle. Obviously, not.

Hearing his music now that decades have passed, I think he was more of a genius than people gave him credit for in the 1960s.

I have a Live at Newport DVD from the early years. The year that Pete Seeger tried to attack the electric guitar. He is so young and happy. So effortless.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Like a Rolling Stone Lay, Lady LayLove ,old Dylan. Saw him in person in the late 80's at Sacramento. It was an out door venue and all I can say is he phoned in his performance. Disappointing

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Bob Dylan

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_x0rTygPXniA/TB5CSuNfIKI/AAAAAAAAAFY/PYIaU8LWVVo/S250/bob+dylan.jpghttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/-KaxVST0quEk/Td2Ie6mKejI/AAAAAAAAABg/Bo4Kcs-OXKI/s250/bob-dylan_main.jpg

......................;-)...OUTLAW

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Outlaw, you have a PM.

• LV101
    LV101

YES --- one of my FAVs. Have seen him live one time opening nite Hardrock/Vegas. Ooops it was the Eagles opening at Hard Rock but Dylan was opening nite Bellagio. Amazingly, he received 5 stars on his performance at MGM from one of the tough critics around here. Have heard some negatives re/his concerts (and from real fans of his) but can't say I've been to one of those.

LV101

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit