"Freeing" those "trapped" in the Organization.

by curiouscynic 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• curiouscynic
    curiouscynic

with regard to mind control, search "BITE model" and see if you can apply it to wts--diamondiiz

Very interesting... I haven't thought about any of this in so long. But the society's discouragement of reading outside literature was one of the first things that REALLY bugged me. If the WTS doctrine is so great, why wouldn't it shine against the criticism? If it's so obviously the truth, wouldn't you be encouraged to continually compare it against alternate information sources? What would there be to fear?

It's not that I fail to understand that such tactics exist... it's more that I have a difficult time comprehending their effectiveness.

• Miles3
    Miles3

There's a sister in my congregation that's 38, pionner, living with her parents. Her father is an elder, and as such the whole family would shun her and throw her out the minute she got disfelowshiped - which they already did for another family member that got df. She couldn't live without her family, all her free time is spent not with friends but within the family, they invite each other and have parties, etc... If you can't imagine bro & sis being trapped, that's an example of what trapped means. That sister isn't a drone, she hates preaching, she's not a fan of meetings and she can think for a bit, even if she's conditionned not utter thoughts that stray too far from the dogma. I made her reason a bit a few times, but she hasn't come back with questions, which means she's not ready to face the truth now. Eventually, before I leave the cong I'll tell her that the day she wants answers (when her parents aren't there any more and she'll be alone whatever she does, because she doesn't have a circle of friends in the truth anyway), she's got my emails; and I'll also assure her that she'll also be able to find answers by herself (just telling her she can compare citations in the Evolution book with the cited books, that will be enough to realise what was going on in the borg) You can't force people to leave the Borg if they don't want, you can't force them to acknowledge the harm it's done to them and others if they won't because their life depends on them not acknowledging it. However, I don't believe it fair to leave them with no chance to look at the truth. Bro and sisters, especially those born-in that never made a choice and never could because they were indoctrinated from birth, are captive of a controlling program, that programmed them to doubt even themselves. It's a situation where, for the honnest one, even doubts become proofs that the Borg is right. You have doubts, but the Borg predicted you would have doubts, why you have them, and how you fight them - which becomes another validation in your life of the value of the Borg's teaching. In that situation, a decent, non aggressive, non confrontationnal friend can make a world of difference, because the person itself won't be able to ask herself the right questions. And there's those that, like me, had made themselves happy in the truth, even though they had to give up all the objectives that they've always dreamt of, and would have achieved if they hadn't been born in the truth. It took me just asking myself one simple question about the flood to realise all that I had lived for was a hoax, and I was mentally out the second I asked myself the right question. The information on the Net was just confirmation of the duplicity of the Borg, but I had already given up the whole package. For different reasons, though, I can't achieve any of the stuff I wanted to do with my life anymore, but I want to give other younger ones (and the older ones too) one shot at living their life. I'm also f***ing upset with all the disfellowshiped bro & sis in my congregation, who I was always happy to talk too (never believed in shunning junk, and would rather not live forever than act like garbage) , but none of them ever said anything or asked me any of the questions that would have made me realised something was rotten in Denmark. If one of them knew the Borg was lying and didn't tell me anything when I could still have done something with my life, I'm not shure what I'd do to him, but that wouldn't be pretty. You see people drowning, and you let them die because you believe in "freedom of choice"? There's no choice when you're in the Borg, let alone freedom. At least throw them a rope, and let them decide if they want to take it.

• Miles3
    Miles3

If it's so obviously the truth, wouldn't you be encouraged to continually compare it against alternate information sources? What would there be to fear?

But the Borg quotes trustworthy information sources, so Witnesses are led to believe they actually have a non-biased and objective review of different information sources. The Borg just outright misquotes and changes the citations, but who in their right mind would imagine they'd do that and get away with it?

Except for apostate litterature, which I never got any access to before the Internet (and which I didn't have money to pay access to for a long time, living a simple life for the Borg), the average witness think they know what scientists and archeologists believe, and those beliefs always support the Bible, or are unconclusive. And at least in my country, all the anti-witness literature/TV programs is led by fondamentalist christians that would make Mad Fred look sane in comparison.

When you're a kid with no Internet, no pocket money to buy books and the local library doesn't have any recent science or archeology books (popular "Science" magazine are junk, and make sure they don't offend their fondamentalist christian readers), there's zero chance you'll be able to see that what the Society pretends the scientists said is rubbish.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

It seems to me, fairly obvious what you're getting yourself into.

Jesus Christ dude, I was just an infant!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit