How come you have to wait on Jehovah? Shouldn't he be faster than you?

by dgp 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dgp
    dgp

If Jehovah created the universe, knows it all, et cetera, and then he has a direct line to the Governing Body, how come you're always told to "wait on Jehovah"? Can a simple earthling be faster in his or her reasoning than YHWH? Can s/he notice something Jehovah will miss?

How fitting would it be if you came up with an idea and zap! Jehovah already thought of that and solved it a generation, erm, many generations, ago.

What do you guys think?

• White Dove
    White Dove

Yes, I've wondered why not just zap the problem already.

There was always a lame answer given.

It just proved to me that I am more morally sound than God is.

That led me to think that men created God.

That in turn led me to not believe in God at all, at least not the one from the Bible or any Swiss cheesed holy book.

• lifestooshort
    lifestooshort

Waiting on Jehovah is often what the publishers are told. It is a very nice way of saying "go away-eat shit-you are unworthy".

• White Dove
    White Dove

LOL! Yes, lifeistooshort.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Is because Jehovah is jewish....

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

I've never understood the waiting thing. 2000 years ago told to preach the end was nigh, and here we all are still.

CJ

• sizemik
    sizemik

The celestial chariot's pit crew should be fired.

• lifestooshort
    lifestooshort

sizemik-LOL that is so damn hilarious!

• Ding
    Ding

I think the WTS uses "wait on Jehovah" to mean, "Okay, the organization isn't perfect, but Jehovah will straighten them out himself in his own good time, so don't get impatient and try to do it yourself."

Of course, the unwarranted assumptions JWs never question are (1) that the WTS is God's organization and (2) God has some great strategic reason for allowing the WTS' false teachings and wrong actions to continue uncorrected for long periods of time.

Of course to a JW, the WTS never has "false teachings" or "wrong actions" at all. They only have "views in need of refinement" caused by their laudable zeal to see Jehovah's kingdom fully established on earth...

• lifestooshort
    lifestooshort

"wait on Jehovah" means STF-up

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit