Jehovah's Witnesses - A Child's Story.

by Sic Semper Tyrannis 42 Replies latest jw friends

• free @ last
    free @ last

As I read this I kept thinking how great it would be if one of our 'undercover' brothers used this in a local needs part on how not to discipline your kids.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome to the forum

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Turkey is big on Thanksgiving Day in the United Tyranny of Stupidity (and it was when it was still the United States of America).

WT Wizard:

Where I originally come from (and it's not the USA or the UTS as you put it) it is positively impolite to label one's current country of residence with such a nom de plume (that means a psuedonym in French, to those of you who are ignorant of that definition). I don't know what the USA did to you personally, nor do I care, but I ask that you please do not pollute my posting with such political hatred. Though you do not directly reveal where your country of origin is, it's quite obviously in the southern hemisphere due to your constant references to it. Add in the fact that you are evidently a native English speaker narrows it down to two countries "Down Under". I would not think of insulting your country nor the country you currently call home. Please provide me the same courtesy. Being that we are on a website that is nominally against an orginization that is noteworthy for such ad hominem attacks, I would imagine that our regulars here would be wary of spitting out such venom without a second thought. (You might want to look up what ad hominem means, especially since you labelled an entire country of 312 million as stupid)

P.S. Fuck you.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ah, ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Ah, Sic Semper Tyrannis, I agree with your protest in spirit, but I've been on this board for two years and I've watched WT Wizard froth at the mouth over various "conspiracies" during the entire period...

Occasionally he makes a decent point about the Watchtower Corporation, so I don't usually castigate him, but... I must admit, his vitriol bothers me, too....

I've always thought of him as that weird uncle at the annual family gathering who thinks the aliens are trying to control his brain or that the government has sent CIA agents to live above him and clomp around in heavy work boots while he's trying to sleep...

He seems harmless, though... But occasionally irritating, I'll definitely agree with you there...!!

Zid

• cafeconleche
  • Little Imp
    Little Imp

Welcome SST, just wanted to say I enjoyed reading your story - it was very well written. I am sad, too, for your lost childhood though I sincerely hope that you can now go on and live the life you deserve.

My husband's story has similarities to yours and I am hoping that one day he will post it here for people to read as I think it does help.

LI

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

ziddina:

Thanks for the explanation. I can see if he were protesting some of the government's policies. If so, he should have made that clear. The way he put it, however, insulted an entire country by claiming they were stupid. As someone who is a citizen of said country, I didn't apppreciate being called names. What, are we all supposed to just file by that comment like sheep and pretend that he didn't call us all stupid? If anyone wants to play that game, then to hell with them and wherever they come from. I don't want to play that game as my posting had nothing to do with politics and I made the culturally sensitive decision to explain to non-Americans what Thanksgiving was, rather than just assume everyone just knew what it was. And I get that kind of posting in reply? Where's the courtesy here? If I get insulted, at least I want to know what I had personally done to deserve such a treatment. I would never judge an entire country, race or religion based on what one person, government, religious leader, or prominent spokesperson would do or say.

• ziddina
    ziddina

That's a noble attitude, Sic Semper Tyrannus...

But just between you and me, we pretty much ignore WT Wizard's rants around here - getting mad at him is like getting mad at the poor guy on the corner who talks to his shoes...

No offense to WT Wizard, but most of us don't believe THAT much in "conspiracies"...

• Giordano
    Giordano

SST great job of writing. The Wizard isn't a bad chap just has a slighly different sense of reality somewhat.

I felt for you concerning your father and the harshness you endured. And good for you getting yourself out from that failure of a religion.

It always amazed me how baptisum was demanded not invited.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

SST- Thank you so much for sharing your childhood with us. It was a very sad way to grow up for those of us who had two parents that developed their personalities after Rutherford.

Looking forward to more of your posts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit