Jehovah's Witnesses - A Child's Story.

by Sic Semper Tyrannis 42 Replies latest jw friends

• clarity
    clarity

SST (sometimes I wish someone would just use Bill or Bob)

Wow enjoyed your story and writing immensely!

I think you must really have your head screwed on right to reach the conclusions that you did at such a young age ...

...after all in my day, we would have put you on a pedestal for being in such close association with Franz, Klein, and other "high ups"!! lol

A big welcome here, looking forward to reading much more.

clarity

edited to add: oh good seems that this landed right beside the good-lookin girl with the real BIG boobs ...... at least now maybe the guys will read it!

• Diest
    Diest

Wonderful post....makes me sad to hear about your childhood. I guess I can be thankful that I was always bigger than most kids, which kept my bullying down.

Sometimes I do get a bit of pride from being and EX-JW. I do feel very at home on this site. 'We're EX-Witnesses, we speak out with fearlessness, ours is the understanding of false prophecy, we know the end will never come to be...'

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

Great story! Welcome!

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Wow! Great story, SST. Welcome!

CJ

• Nowman
  • Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Thanks for the good wishes and feedback. I've read a lot of your stories, so I'd like to add mine to this eclectic mosaic of survivor stories. We are all orphans in a way in that there is a place we can never attain when we ultimately reminisce with the people we get to know and bring into our lives. Every Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, or any family oriented gathering for that matter, will always have a huge blank spot where seats for my side of the family are concerned. It's a huge blank spot in my life. My JW past is not something I wish to speak much about to 'gentiles', but I can't get around it by simply concealing it. A bit of this came to my consciousness the other day when I attended by son's Cub Scout pack meeting. I let my mind drift as I often did during the meetings at the Kingdom Hall, only to be waken abruptly from this daydream when the speaker mentioned that he has "announcements". It all came flooding back to me as I fully expected someone to be disfellowshipped until I realized I wasn't at a Kingdom Hall. I thought then as I do now, "What a messed up upbringing I had! I'm so used to "announcements" being of the nature that we needed to shun someone for something they may or may not have done. All of this for what? Why did it have to be this way? Because the good old Judge got irritated that people were calling him out on his false prophecies that people needed to be silenced? It continues into this day, years after the fact. Every now and then I run into a Watchtower and Awake magazine left in a doctor's office or whereever, and I think I'd get a kick out of reading on the the uniquely pedestrian articles. It makes me sad more than anything. Sad that there are people out there who believe whatever is printed in these publications.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Wow, Sic Semper Tyrannis...

What a life you've had!!

I see that this is your first post - I sure hope that you're going to post more!!! [edited - how the heck did I miss post #2???]

I can identify with some of what you went thru - though, the worst bully in MY life wasn't among the kids at school - who did bully me, however...

The WORST bully was my own father - who beat and bullied me into that blasted cult!!!

A great big "THANK YOU" for posting your experiences!!

Zid

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Thanks for that, SST. You express yourself well as a young man and can be a great help here, and in your life in general, if you continue to write. There are some 60,000+ who leave the Watchtower annually, and that is by disfellowshipping alone. A fraction of those show up here and we welcome them all.

Who knows how many by fading, like yourself?

Len

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome!

Another heartwrenching story of a childhood spent going door to door and finally being guilted into baptism. So glad that you are here with us now. Sounds like you were able to find someone to share your life with now. Also sounds like your relationship with your son is quite a bit different, with encouragement in boy scouts, etc.

No, the experiences will never leave any of us.

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

Thanks for sharing your story- I can definitely relate to your school experiences.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit