Jehovah's Witnesses - A Child's Story.

by Sic Semper Tyrannis 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Welcome, SST!

• bobld
    bobld

Thanks, for your story.I bet the wbts will not put your story in the wt.I noticed that lately they have many stories in the public addtion of the wt of "as told by xyz"

They had one about a 5 year old black kid going from d-d in the 1930 depression.I'll say more about this story later.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Marking to read later.

Thanks for posting/sharing your story and welcome to JWN.

-AudeSapere (meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Have Wisdom/Understanding; Dare to Think for Yourself)

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I really, really enjoyed your story and I thank you for trusting us with it.

I hope you will feel free to post here, I think you could be a reall asset to newbies just coming out.

Thank you, again.

Palm

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Turkey? I bet that you could name any food, and someone somewhere on the earth uses it for some "pagan" and "Satanic" worship. Turkey is big on Thanksgiving Day in the United Tyranny of Stupidity (and it was when it was still the United States of America). But I would be willing to bet that, if one were to go into the southern hemisphere, one might find countries that never heard of turkeys being used in any "pagan" or "devil worship" holidays. On the flip side, strawberries and kiwi fruit are used in Christmas celebrations in many southern hemisphere countries, while most people in the northern hemisphere never heard of that.

And, to make matters worse, one usually needs to research one country or region at a time to get a complete list of everything that they use for each holiday. You might find that Australia has one group of foods that is used for Christmas in the north, and another different group in the south (and in New Zealand). Brazil might have different foods that are used for their holidays, and without doing specific research on Brazilian holidays, you would never hear of it even if you live in Argentina. Mexico has specific foods used for its own holidays--don't touch the avocado or you might be celebrating a Mexican holiday called Cinco de Mayo. The European countries have different holiday customs--customs found in Greece might be different from Italy, or England, or Germany, or Sweden. And so on.

Of course the witlesses are not going to adopt the safest course. The safest course is to permit eating of any food--possibly excluding blood or pork if they so choose--without worrying about its pagan origin. This means eating turkey on Thanksgiving, pumpkin pie on Christmas Day, and ham on Easter are acceptable. True, if they are going to ban eating blood (not transfusions, because I categorize transfusions as medicine and not food), blood pudding and blood sausages would be prohibited. Similarly, if they choose to ban pork, ham and bacon (along with most processed meat that contains pork) would be banned. But, making children sit in a corner during a meal just because everyone else is commemorating Thanksgiving or some other holiday amounts to abuse.

Your parents should be ashamed of themselves for issuing that ban. And so should the hounders, and the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger, that makes these rules. Or, maybe I should make a rule that applies solely to the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger that, if I can find a verifiable source that indicates a food is used anywhere in the world in pagan holidays, they can't have any.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Welcome SST!!!! Glad you didn't drink the coolaid

I was a bit concerned with the 1st sentence

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"I realize that the ex JW community contains one of the few people on this planet that I can truly relate to. I cannot eliminate Jehovah’s Witnesses from my life, as much as I would want to. They are always there, and nearly every personality trait that I carry today has some root in this upbringing. Instead of isolating myself, I’ll embrace it. Ex-JW’s are my people. We don’t all think alike, but we have the same foundations. "

Too right ! Buddy. I know exactly what you mean - see how long I have been here

Welcome to the board and keep 'em coming.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

As I look to people with the same experiences as I have had, I realize that the ex JW community contains one of the few people on this planet that I can truly relate to. I cannot eliminate Jehovah’s Witnesses from my life, as much as I would want to. They are always there, and nearly every personality trait that I carry today has some root in this upbringing. Instead of isolating myself, I’ll embrace it. Ex-JW’s are my people. We don’t all think alike, but we have the same foundations.

I too can relate to this so much. Thanks for sharing your story.

• undercover
    undercover

Welcome!

Enjoyed your first post. I could relate to a lot of it.

Great username, BTW...

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

Welcome-I could relate to the school celebrations. I hated that feeling of being the only one not participating.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit