Why I Left Jehovah's Witnesses--a 10-page essay by sd-7

by sd-7 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I loved Windows on the World! Of course, I never paid the bill. The Port Authority had a very good, less formal restaurant in the Concourse -- also pricey but less than Windows. When I was there, there were very few places to eat at night downtown.

The firm I was with did a lot of British business and Arab business through London. They were entertaining a special client from London so they paid a fortune to make certain the party was seated at the windows. It was a beautiful night. The vista was breathtaking. It turned out the client was severely phobic of heights. They changed the table near a wall, with his back to the windows. It was last minute so they did not think a comparable place would have a table. The man just barely survived.

A friend was coming back from Windows on the World when the elevator jammed. She and several clients had to crawl out of the elevator and across a plywood plank to the next elevator. They refused to tell them what floor they were on. It was 80 something.

Your account is entertaining. Most people when treated would think of a more modest establishment. Perhaps Bethel is not so bad.

It was a long read but worth it.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Band on the Run, I'm a little confused. Did you intend to post your anecdote here?

--sd-7

• sd-7
    sd-7

JuanViejo, you've got another PM.

--sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit