A reality test for Jehovah's Witnesses that really seems to work

by Terry 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

I like to ask them when they would rather live than now and how it would be better.

• wobble
    wobble

"knocking the JW loose from the glue that binds them to the lies" that is what we would all like to do Terry, and your wonderful posts and ideas are giving us the tools to do just that !

Keep up your great work on here my friend, and don't bother to sleep ! a great mind such as yours should be on the go 24/7 !

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Here in NZ earthquakes have been in the news a lot.

Experts have been given plenty of airtime to explain what is happening and JWs have been watching. These experts have given us Kiwis plenty of factoids to use when a Dub trys using earthquakes as a 'sign of the times'.

The fact is, that NZ only exists because of earthquakes and if they ever stop it will just erode away into the sea. Our Dubs know this stuff, but they try to blank it out. It's my job to dig it up and remind them.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

When I first started reading the OP I thought you were referring to the hundreds of thousands of kids (or more) who are/were Born In and held captive/kidnapped into a cult. This is a good thread.

• Terry
    Terry

The set up is to tell you what to look for: a worsening of everything which increases to an unbearable finale. God steps in at the last second and only

the really active Witnesses will have a chance; a slim one!

With this firmly in mind, the JW proceeds to filter everything through the expectation. Anything that doesn't fit is ignored.

The justification for accepting Armageddon in 1914 was "proved" by this and that nonsense which "convinced" those who needed convincing.

Again and again the same proof is used and again and again nothing happens.

None of it is about proof or signs or facts. It is all about one thing only: the rat wheel. What else does a rat in a cage have to do to save its sanity?

The ratwheel is everything!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The WTS. retrospectively has always grabbed any bits of information that they could use as to support their End Times doctrine.

Doing so counter opposed would diminish the effort toward supported their agenda in circulating more of their published literature .

Being that so, would anyone realistically expect them to be openly honest concerning "We are living in the last days" doctrine.

Hardly , that would be like taking a gun and shooting themselves in the foot.

Creating and the solicitation of fear as been the under lining bread winner for this organization, without it much of this

organization would fall a part, along with the acquired power of the top positional leaders.

• yadda yadda 2
  • Fernando
    Fernando

Great post Terry.

Questions highlighting (major and inexcusable) blind spots really works.

Six years ago, after proudly proclaiming myself religious, I was asked to explain what "the gospel" is in one word.

I was dumbfounded at the simplicity of the question to which I had no answer after 4 decades and 3 generations in the Watchtower.

The rest is history...

Discovering and piecing together the fragments of the unabridged gospel in the Watchtower library (CD) and then seeing how the apostate and venomous ruling religious hierarchy deeply HATED it, was priceless and ultimately very liberating and healing.

• Terry
    Terry

Even as former JW's we seldom talk about happy things, positive topics, optimism, future goals, etc.

The poison lasts and lasts and taints everything for a long time.

Once you learn to look for the negative it becomes a lifelong habit.

• cofty
    cofty

Once you learn to look for the negative it becomes a lifelong habit.

So true.

Even among non-JWs the same tainted view of the world is perpetuated by the popular press - doom and gloom sells.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit