Do you think that we are in the last days?

by stuckinamovement 49 Replies latest jw friends

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    PaintedToeNail - What freaks me out is that the physical earth is in so much trouble-the ice sheets melting, permafrost unfrosting and providing extra CO2 to an already taxed enviroment, destruction of animal species and plant species.

Although we need to be concerned about the affect we are having on the earth, we are not at the point of destroying life. 99.9% of all animal life is already extinct, not because of humans, but because that is what has happened for the history of life.

The melting of the ice sheets may cause havoc on earth, but will be no worse to live through than the ice age 10,000 years ago.

Humans adapt. I am passionate about research into sustainable technologies and coming up with ways to improve live, but we need to be reasonable. Why ruin your present happiness worrying about things that may or may not happen in future.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I think we are deep within the last Daves. Wait, oops, days? No.

• flipper
    flipper

SIAM- You are correct. There is no such thing as " the last days ". Many religions over the centuries have predicted the " end " in certain , particular years or time periods . It's never happened. And it won't. " The Last Days " is just a concept or tactic used to control religious people through fear of an alleged " God war " against mankind or " Armageddon". Religions and governments have used fear tactics for centuries to keep populations under control. In my opinion- that's the reason religions teach about the " last days ". It's a fantasy, an unreality

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

jwfacts-thank you for your reply, you offer words of wisdom. I'm still dealing with a lifetime of mind control, and sometimes those negative mental connections take control of me and give me loads of anxiety and fear. I appreciate your sane response, it is comforting too!

CJ

• Bella15
    Bella15

I do think many Christians cults use the phrase "the last days" to intimidate, instill fear in people on purpose to gain members ... I see that the bible talks about an end of an era in OT and Jesus reiterated the same ... and since I believe in the Bible and I follow Jesus ... so there is truth to that in my mind ... I also see in the bible that the "last days" are supposed to bring us (at least believers) "joy" NOT fear or anxiety ... I now know that if certain things will happen literally as the bible says, it is going to be a short period of time ... Jesus said to pray that it didn't happen in winter time, well winter time only lasts a few months and that's depending on where you live ... when you read the books of the Prophets in the Old Testament you gain a lot of knowlegde when you read it for what it is and not with pre-conceived notions or explanations of the worst (WTC).

Anyway, if you belong to a religion for fear of the "last days or armagedon" or if you "supposedly" love and worship God out of fear this will not work ...now that I am a Christian, I have come to love the Father through the Christ because HE loved me first - even before I was born He gave Jesus so that I could live in him eternally. God has impressed in me eternal life and now whether I live or die I have eternity in my heart ...I don't fear any day or days ... I live to praise and worship God Creator of Heavens and Earth!! .... "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, [a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

• N.drew
    N.drew

Bella that's a lovely testamonial! Thank you for sharing it.

The society prides itself on the overcoming the fear of death. But then they really make it worse by teaching everlasting destruction for them who have not pleased God as they should. Now their followers have fear every day about not doing enough for god.

Imo that is what it means "the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers". And they are unbelievers, because they are believing in men and not in the spirit.

Believing in men is what causes the last days. I do not believe in men so I'm not in the last days. But like others here I am getting close to my own last days. And I'm not afraid.

The earth can not sustain human kind as they live presently, not for long. Sometimes I wonder if the end of this system, with it's relative freedom, means the next system shall introduce no freedom. I don't need to worry about that because I'm 55.

I'm working for freedom. Learning to live wise means preserving freedom. That's my job.

• tec
    tec

Why can't God speak for himself?

He can, and has. The people did not want that though. Then He sent His Son to speak... some believed/some didn't. But even now, if people say the Holy Spirit speaks to them... most consider those people crazy, without ever even looking at what message they might be sharing.

Why does he allow crackpots with hallucinations, and unscrupulous characters to speak on his behalf?

Why does he allow people to claim they are speaking on his behalf? Should he strike them dead, do you suppose? He sent One to speak Truth. Listen to that One, and you'll know not to listen to the crackpots, unscrupulous characters, false prophets, false teachers, etc.

Why can't God check in briefly to dispel all of the misconceptions and doubts people have of him?

He sent His Son. We just have to listen to Him. And not all the 'theives' claiming that we are to listen to them. Then there would be no misconceptions.

And recall how many people did not want God to speak to them. Its no different today.

Why does he have to wait until it's time to destroy everybody or punish them in hell, before confirming for all the doubters that he exists

He has confirmed it in the past. Didn't change all the people though. He confirmed it though Christ... but even back then when that was happening; people believed what they wanted to believe. And didn't believe what they didn't want to believe.

I don't think Christ returns for the sake of the doubters... but for the sake of the faithful. For those who belong to Him.

That doesn't mean doubters are destroyed or thrown into hell. Only those who would destroy and harm and kill are prevented from doing so (so that He protects those who belong to Him, from those who would destroy them). Those have the "second death". Doubters who have the law (of love) written on their hearts, or who did good to those who belong to Him, are also invited into the Kingdom.

Peace Miz!

Tammy

• designs
    designs

Armageddon didn't happen on my precisely calculated date of Nov.30,2011. Now What!

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey
    God has impressed in me eternal life and now whether I live or die I have eternity in my heart ...I don't fear any day or days

Amen. Hallelujah! I really don't care much if we are in the last days. My reward is the same regardless and I already have a taste, I am not just waiting.

Love you sister!

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

Oh zid, please don't say that. I love my paper books.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit