Do you think that we are in the last days?

by stuckinamovement 49 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Do you think that we are in the last days? If so why?

I really don't think we are in the last days. I came to the conclusion that 1914 is false and is no more than another year in man's history, so hence we are not living in the last days prophesied by Jesus. I think that the whole last days thing happened in the first century.

It seems like every group of people who have ever lived, thought that there was something inherently special about themselves and their era and that the end of all things would come at their time. Looking back at history there have been plagues, earthquakes, wars, "signs in the heavens" and so forth throughout history. I think that people need to have a point of reference that helps them to understand these epic events so they associate it with Jesus prophecy about the end.

What do you think?

SIAM

• sir82
    sir82

Nope, not at all.

And from a JW standpoint: the expression "Last Days" tends to lose its punch when it becomes "the last centuries", as it will in 2015.

• TheUbermensch
    TheUbermensch

Yep. December is tomorrow, so this is literally the last DAY.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Not "in" but somewhat "in control of". I think the point we should be looking for is how to prevent the end. Also, for some people, it is insulting I think, to say that worse times are ahead as in the "great tribulation". I am sure for millions of people it is a joke. A bad joke. I believe the scripture that is recorded of what Jesus said about the GT means something else. I have a theory, but am not saying...

• dontplaceliterature
  • AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Do you think that we are in the last days? If so why?

Yep. This is the last day of November, so we are definitely in the last days of 2011 - just 31 days left to the 'END'.

But to your point: Mankind has always seemed fixated on 'the end' - disasters hold much more interest in our minds than does boring old everyday life. Mankind could eventually reach a point of total destruction of itself - not divinely produced. There is some speculation that intelligent life on this planet might have come and gone before - certainly the Neanderthals' did so [although they did not reach the level of homo-sapiens ]. There may have been others over the millions of years before our short history. Once we find a way to self-destruct, there may be another hominid species arise, who knows.

I don't think any of it is related to 'Divine' destruction at all.

Jeff

• cofty
    cofty

No. Bible "prophecy" is as credible as Moore's Almanac

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

There will be a last days. If man hasn't successfully left earth before the sun dies, it will be the last days.
    If man has left earth, the known universe will still bring all life to an end when all the stars have died. I doubt we will have figured a way to escape that.

But maybe man will learn to live as pure energy by then. Maybe we'll slip past that end.

A Biblical last days- never going to happen.

• blondie
    blondie

Jesus said it would come at a time you thought not...too many think its now; I just know I'm living in my last days....

• N.drew
    N.drew

God can resurrect the dead. God can refresh the sun. It's not going to die. imo It's also a bad idea to believe it will not last because if earth will self destruct anyway why should we bother trying to make it last?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit