Has anyone ever worked for a Home Health Agency service Sales position? Home Health Care Account Executive?

by Voices 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Voices
    Voices

i'm being offered this position that's 50k a year, which would be a termendious raise from my current nursing profession and i'm very interested, but also very timid and nervous. I have a pretty solid job right now, which a schedule that works 7-3 day shift. I pretty much am living pay check to paycheck worrying about makin grent etc.. because of all the financial obligations. this would definately give me the freedom to have a 'security' of money in the bank.

I'm hoping ......and praying there's someone out there on this forum that worked for a home health agency sales position. Supposedly this position offers me medical/dental/401k/fidelity Bonds etc.. Im concerned because i don't want to freak out and not be able to make sales. And i wouldn't really be able to get my current schedule back, even if i did find another job at another shift (3pm-11pm, 11pm-7am). I have obligations to pick up my girlfriend at college which this 7-3 schedule really works for...but at the same time, i need to be able to feel more financial secure and not be stagnate in my position. Does anyone have any advice? I'm really wondering if there's someone that has been a" Home Health Care Account Executive"

Anything can sound fancy when used with big words. Even a desposal resource exective ........garbage man? lol know wht imean?

Me

• AGuest
    AGuest

I haven't a clue about the position, dear Voices (the greatest of love and peace to you, dear one!), but a couple/few questions come to my mind:

• Is the 50k base?
    • Are accounts already established (I assume you will have to find more, but is there something to start with)?
    • Are commissions included in addition to the $50k?
    • Is it telephone sales or will you need to travel (in-town, out-of-town)?
    • How much (out-of-town) travel?
    • Do you LIKE the job you have now?

I'm only asking because we're friends and if it were me, these would be things I'd want to know at the top. Tha's all... (well, and I didn't want your thread to end up in the JWN "grand canyon"... you know, where it's "call" echoes... off into eternity?)

Tha's all...

You don't have to reply; these are just things YOU might want to ask/know, is all.

Peace!

SA, on her own... and hoping you get what you want, whether it be this job, something better, or a good change where you are, whatever YOU want...

• Voices
    Voices

Shelbly shelby shelby... you ...are too cool. Thank you for not letting my post be the dog shit tacos of this website by responding =)

I guess i feel like this is a life changing moment and i need to talk it out...so i responded to you in an PM......

Me (possibly a home health agency Account executive)

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

just sounds like 50K is a bit low.... and I live in WV???? land of the don't want to be a nurse land

• Voices
    Voices

It's a step up from my 30k job FS. Yeah I'm trying to find something better. It's low but big for me.

Thanks for responding XD

Me

p.s. makes me wonder how much you make though ...sounds like your up there. hmm. wow is 50k really not that much?

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

well up 20K may be a good thing I just was thinking it looks like a big job and always ask for more it works!!!!

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

take your chance

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I'm not salary and that makes a big difference.... I'm hourly and just the national average for an RN.... Salary needs to be up a notch.... I work overtime to get that but don't do over time unless I need to...

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

50 k is great don't get me wrong!!!!!!!

• Voices
    Voices

LOL I know FS. I don't have kids yet (hopefully not anytime soon) but I just feel so STAGNANT in my job and feel like it's dead end, even though i'm still doing my RN schooling. I worked the summer, second job...and received a lil extra money which i have invested, hoping it'll work out in 4 years or whatever. I just want to live comfortably without financial stress/burden. I'm pretty sure my brother (who is a circut overseer now i believe) wont let me move back into the family house, and if he does, there will be a riot/war...so literally am on my own now. So taking this 'chance' is huge for me because i feel stable/though stagnant. So yeah, some here make 70k 80k even 250k ...some more...but for me...50k...would be a step in the right direction for me. It would insure my ability to expand. i'm just not liking the 'well you need to be making ____ sales in order to make sure you continue with us.' And i'm not even sure thats the case. I didn't take offense. =)

Me

p.s. BUT! you didn't respond to my PREVIOUS POST! >=\ j/k

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit