Catching the Manipulation in Sunday’s Watchtower Article

by Butterflyleia85 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sd-7
    sd-7

Also, just because Abraham lived in tents didn't mean the man wasn't loaded! Imagine if you had 300+ servants and a buttload of livestock! He was pretty rich, by any standard.

AGuest--you've got a point, there. Nothing in this article mentioned Jesus as being the only way to be known by Jehovah, as I recall. It basically consisted of a rehashing of Moses vs. Korah and "obey the organization" stuff. Besides, in the end, isn't it Jesus who says, "I never knew you" to those who falsely claim to do God's will? Oh yeah, that...be known by Jesus? Bah! Who needs to do that? You'll never see an article asking "Are You Known By Jesus?" that's for sure!

--sd-7

• ziddina
    ziddina

Yeah, Flying High Now, I know what you mean...

Blondie does separate her comments from the Watchtower paragraphs, but if she would hi-lite HER comments - in one color - and her alternate quotes from OTHER Watchtower literature in quote boxes - or other colors - it would make her threads easier to read...

Might be a limitation of her computer...

Zid

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I get easily overwhelmed if people make things too complicated. Julian and I had to watch youtube videos to learn how to make origami cranes.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

In response to paragraph 8, if Jehovah is so vile that he allows anyone trying to serve him to experience any of these desires not being fulfilled, then he doesn't deserve to have ANYONE serving him at all, let alone despite these conditions and let alone without resorting to "ungodly" means to fulfill the desires that Jehovah snake-fulfilled.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I think Ziddina has pretty much summed it up so I don't need to do my usal brackets and yellow hi-lite.

I did notice the title

Are You Known By Jehovah

Jehovah (TM) = the brand named god of a man made pyramid scheme posing as a religion. So the whole concept is flawed from the word 'go'!

Am I known by an imaginary brand name? Nah! So just put the rest of the waste of paper in the recycling bin where it'll help to replenich the world's resources.

Honestly, the bleedin' washtowel is a waste of paper!

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Thanks Ziddina for laying it out in such a way. I understand everyones comments too. All is considered helpful. Thanks again.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The message from last week's study?

God Don't know you unless you are a obedient J W !

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "I think Ziddina has pretty much summed it up so I don't need to do my usal brackets and yellow hi-lite. ..." Punk of Nice

[blush, blush... ]

Aw, Punk of Nice, I was merely attempting to emulate your style...

NO ONE says "appeal to authority" - or should that be, [appeal to authority] - like YOU do!!

"Thanks Ziddina for laying it out in such a way. ..."

Yer Welcome, Butterflyleia85 - THANKS FOR STARTING THIS THREAD!!

Zid

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Zid - Now I'm blushing (although you can't tell because of all my peircings and tattoos).

Like I always say: 'I does me best guv'nor. Gawd bless us all! Lawd luv a duck!'

Huggles to my favourite dragon and treats for your furry friends!

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Huggles to my favourite dragon and treats for your furry friends..."

Awwwwwww.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit