How did Jesus and his apostles make money?

by sabastious 69 Replies latest watchtower bible

• james_woods
    james_woods

The thread is going off topic. (getting mired into present day politics)

The answer is simply that we have very little hint of where their day to day money came from and we really don't know - even if we accept every word of what remains of the early christian writings as literal, we still just really don't know.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Funny Comic Sixofnine.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Boo. It's the ghost of Mr. Falcon. This is an interesting thread and I applaud it in song.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I think you may be under the impression (probably because you see so much abuse) that America's welfare system is how and why we got into such a mess financially? It's not even close to being one of the problems that put us in the financial hole we are in.

NO I know it is just a sliver in the pie of US overuse...

Yes WV, nurse probably slants how I see things. Every week I have at least 1 of my 4 pt's is "charity". Some are kind people that are down on there luck. Too often I get needy complaining people that are looking for handouts. They are non complient with there own health and then we get to fix them long enough so they can go home and not care for themselves.... Next week back in the hospital, for FREE!!!

Then I'll get a diabetic that is working and can't afford his insulin Ends up in the hospital in crisis. Not in the "system" so he ends up paying for his stay... because he makes too much

I just don't see it helping the people that need it....

just my slanted observations

FS

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

oh to put it back on topic... I think they were pimps

• james_woods
    james_woods

Still off topic, and we still don't know where Jesus money really came from.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Jesus made high-quality furniture at low, low prices. John and Peter harvested the sea, Judas stole from the till, Matthew ran 401K/mutual funds, Andrew was a balloon artist and the others played gigs at night and worked odd jobs to pay for repairs to the band's van. At least I think that's what I read...

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

don't worry James, I'm sure the OP was totally serious in his query and I'm sure you'll help him get to the bottom of exactly where Jesus got his scrilla.

IF WE CAN JUST STAY ON THE DAMN TOPIC!

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Jeez, SixofNine... missed you too.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

:: They are non complient with there own health and then we get to fix them long enough so they can go home and not care for themselves.... Next week back in the hospital, for FREE!!!

Crazy, isn't it?

But seriously: "crazy" is the key word.

And it would be crazy if I don't get my ass busy and fulfill orders like a madman for the next few weeks. And a financial debacle as well!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit