Im a mormon

by deservingone26 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

When you've completely FILLED every crevice of your life with a religious obsession and then it is gone---the size of that hole is a vacuum of tremendous proportions!

How do you fill it? That god-shaped emptiness?

Try thinking for yourself for one year. No gurus. No authority figures. No inside information.

Read about real things; established science, non speculative history, philosophy.

Heal.

Like any wound, any sized gape like the god-sized hole will heal.

God swells up inside some people until they explode.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

I had a mormon girlfriend does that count?

• Violia
    Violia

Carrie Fisher ( princess Leia star wars) has recently come out as Bipolar and has a new book out about her treatment. I have seen her on Showtime doing stand up and she is so great. I will be buying that book. Might be worth a read. also, Patty Duke had the same problem and wrote a book about it too.

http://www.amazon.com/Shockaholic-Carrie-Fisher/dp/0743264827

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

About Jesus as God: Please look at these scriptures. Start here. Don't worry about the rest, okay?

whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.
    In order that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father.*

*1 John 2:23;John 5:23

The Lord, who has taken up your cause, and who gave you life in your mother's body, says, I am the Lord who makes all things; stretching out the heavens by myself, and giving the earth its limits; who was with me? Isaiah 44:24

But of the Son he says: You, Lord, at the first did put the earth on its base, and the heavens are the works of your hands. Hebrews 1:10

22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is none else.

23 By myself have I sworn, the word is gone forth from my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, that unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear. Isaiah 45:22,23

10 that in the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven and things on earth and things under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Phillipians 2:10;11

Also see Isaiah 40:10 and Revelation 1:8 compare with Revelation 22:12,13. Isaiah 43:10,11 compare to Revelation 7:10

Also see what Christians in the Bible had to say to Jesus: Acts 7:59; Revelation 22:20; John 20:28

Another thing that really helped me was researching the Living Water that Jesus spoke of to the Samaritan woman in John 4 and John 7:37. What did they need to do to receive the Spirit?

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.
    In order that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father.*

*1 John 2:23;John 5:23

Start here. Don't worry about the rest, okay?

The Lord, who has taken up your cause, and who gave you life in your mother's body, says, I am the Lord who makes all things; stretching out the heavens by myself, and giving the earth its limits; who was with me? Isaiah 44:24

But of the Son he says: You, Lord, at the first did put the earth on its base, and the heavens are the works of your hands. Hebrews 1:10

22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is none else.

23 By myself have I sworn, the word is gone forth from my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, that unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear. Isaiah 45:22,23

10 that in the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven and things on earth and things under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Phillipians 2:10;11

Also see Isaiah 40:10 and Revelation 1:8 compare with Revelation 22:12,13.

Isaiah 43:10,11 compare to Revelation 7:10

Also see what Christians in the Bible had to say to Jesus: Acts 7:59; Revelation 22:20; John 20:28

Another thing that really helped me was researching the Living Water that Jesus spoke of to the Samaritan woman in John 4 and John 7:37. What did they need to do to receive the Spirit?

• i_drank_the_wine
    i_drank_the_wine

I agree with those that said to take your time, do some research, and feel things out. Try to take a look at things from all angles and find what works for you and what you consider to be real.

All the best to you!

• i_drank_the_wine
    i_drank_the_wine

Plus, if God does exist (might wanna research that too), I'm sure if he/she/they/it is worth loving/worshipping that he wouldn't be offended by someone investigating the best way to serve him/her/it/them.

My study after leaving the JW's made me into an Agnostic. I won't say Atheist, because I'm not 100% sure, just 99%, and I won't make the same mistake of having absolute beliefs when I've been wrong in life once already.

• rebel8
    rebel8

joseph smith had lots of wives, i still dont know if that is true

My understanding from talking about this with ex-Mormons is it is verified on ancestry.com, their own site.

There is also proof there about some of the wives having multiple husbands back in the day.

i have stopped drinking alcohol and stoped drugs and lost about 35lbs but again i am at this point of not knowing what to do. I dont really want to be a mormon anymore cuse i dont really believe that what they believe is true its sounds really nice though and it answers a lot of questions that people might have as to what are purpose is in life but is it true?

Keep doing the positive things and stop doing the things that are making you uncomfortable. Sometimes we should listen to our gut; this is one of those times.

You don't have to "be" anything, you know? You don't have to belong to any religion.

and what is this feeling that i am getting? can anyone relate to my story?

Yes, it's rebound religion. Instead of trying to fill the void jwism left you, try to figure out why the void aches you and work on that. Get busy living a life worth living!

PS--here's something else you might be interested in.

• Ding
    Ding

It's my understanding that Mormonism considers Jesus to be Jehovah and the Father to be a separate God named Elohim. They also teach that God the Father has a physical body. Very confusing, especially to someone with a JW background.

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

Revelation 22:12 “Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense with me, to repay each one for what he has done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, he beginning and the end.” 16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify to you about these things for the churches.

Revelation 1:5-17 5 and from Jesus Christ the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of kings on earth.

To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood 6 and made us a kingdom, priests to his God and Father, to him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen. 7 Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen.

8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

12 Then I turned to see the voice that was speaking to me, and on turning I saw seven golden lampstands, 13 and in the midst of the lampstands one like a son of man,

17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, "Fear not, I am the first and the last, 18 and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades.

Revelation 4:2 At once I was in the Spirit, and behold, a throne stood in heaven, with one seated on the throne.

And around the throne, on each side of the throne, are four living creatures, and day and night they never cease to say,

“Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty,

who was and is and is to come!”

9 And whenever the living creatures give glory and honor and thanks to him who is seated on the throne, who lives forever and ever, 10 the twenty-four elders fall down before him who is seated on the throne and worship him who lives forever and ever. They cast their crowns before the throne, saying,

11 “Worthy are you, our Lord and God,

to receive glory and honor and power,

for you created all things,

and by your will they existed and were created.”

Be strong in the Grace that is in Christ Jesus,

Shades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit