Family Worship Night percentages

by JRK 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JRK
    JRK

I am curious how many families actually do this, and how many lie and say they do. I would guess it is less than 50%. I would say it is a good night for TV.

JK

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I have to agree. Most family study is done on Saturday for the most visible meeting on Sunday. The Watchtower (if anything) is quickly studied so that everyone can comment and be seen commenting.

• Lore
    Lore

My family does it every single week. If we miss a day we reschedule to later that week. We've only really missed 1 week since it started (2 years ago?)

A lot of single people with no kids go visit other people for 'family' worship night. . . I think it's more popular among single people who want an excuse to go hit on each other than it is among married people with children.

But as far as percentages. . . it'd be hard to say. It's not like everyone is going to come out and admit they don't do the family worship thing.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I did it. It helped get my wife and daughter OUT of the Borg.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth
    I did it. It helped get my wife and daughter OUT of the Borg.

I may need to do the same......trouble right now is she will only study the wt stuff........gag

• cantleave
    cantleave

In search of truth - read Captives of a Concept and use the Proclaimers book in the same Don Cameron does!!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Besides how many participate in Family Waste the Evening Night, I wonder how many actually waste the whole 4 hours you're "supposed to". I could imagine that there would be only enough to keep someone entertained for 15 minutes at the most, and especially those with children (who should be doing their homework instead of wasting time on this rubbish).

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I am curious how many families actually do this, and how many lie and say they do.

I wonder how many actually waste the whole 4 hours you're "supposed to".

Actually, I think quite a few are following thru and doing it. Esp anyone who is in appointed position. Failure to do so, will get you removed. COs have ways of making inquiries with your kids. And I think many would feel guilty being "released" from the requirement of the CBS meeting and then NOT following thru with FWN.

I've never seen/heard the 4 HOURS even suggested anywhere. I would say most go UNDER one hour.

DOC

• someonesomewhere
    someonesomewhere

We never do it in my family, but my mother feels bad about it everytime they bring it up in meetings. Then she forges about it again since I show little interest, my brother (despite being a MS) shows little interest, and we all have conflicting schedules.

• blondie
    blondie

It would probably be the same percentage it was when the WTS pushed weekly family studies. There was a time that parents who studied with unbaptized minor children turned in a bible study slip to be counted. A CO came through and separated out all the slips separating non-jw studies from "family" studies then compared it to all the parents who could be having a study. About 25% had studies. He gave a talk counseling parents to be sure to turn in their slips, assuming they were doing it, just not counting it. Several parents started turning in slips but were not studying with their children.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit