What is the most ironic statement you have seen in the Watchtower?

by Indian Larry 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• flipper
    flipper

How about , " Millions now living will never die ? " Pretty ironic considering everybody dies eventually

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Since Jesus was alive, the Roman Emperor became Christian. The Vikings brought fear. I don't know much European history. The Platagenets, the Tudors, the Stuarts..........the Borgia Pope, the list is endless.

• trueblue
    trueblue

I don't remember WT to well but remember one stating something along the line that elders have the ability to comprehend beyond what is normal. Like they have super natural powers or something.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

"Millions now living will never die?"

So seriously, how many people that were excited by THAT phrase pre-1925 are still alive 86 years later? Not many, that's for sure. What a crock!

I'm thinking the leaders of this organization need to be BITCH SLAPPED, hard!

• Jack C.
    Jack C.

Paraphrased Awake! pre 1997 masthead "Gods promise that the end of this system of things will transpire before the end of this (20th) century".

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

There's a beauty in the latest public Watchtower, on page 10:

We may also show humility by the way we respond to other people's suggestions. Instead of rejecting an idea

simply because we did not think of it ourselves, we may wisely welcome comments from others. (Proverbs 15:22). Such an open-minded attitude especially benefits those with a measure of authority.

“I’ve found that a good overseer creates an environment where people feel free to express themselves,” says an experienced supervisor named John. He adds: “It takes humility to recognize that someone under your oversight may have a better way of doing than you do. But then again, no-one - not even an overseer - has a monopoly on good ideas".

When we imitate Abraham by listening to the suggestions of others and by performing lowly services in their behalf, we gain Jehovah's favor. After all, "God opposes the haughty ones, but he gives undeserved kindness to the humble ones" 1Peter 5:5

Hope the GB, COs and elders are listening!

• White Dove
    White Dove

Without reading any of the other posts, I think the statement of being a good Borean takes the cake for irony.

It was explained at my hall as them not checking out Paul's honesty, no, rather they were checking out the information...for the heck of it? or something.

The in-context Borean scripture is used to counsel studies to check out their own churches to find all the badness, but to find the JW's having the truth in all things.

Now, could we do it as JW's? NO! Trust us, is what they said.

• Indian Larry
    Indian Larry

Wow, these are all good. Let me add another one, where you have to be baptized in order to have the "unrestricted privilege of prayer"

*** w90 5/15 p. 12 par. 11 Fear Jehovah, the Hearer of Prayer ***

Everyone who really fears Jehovah is a believer who makes a dedication to God and symbolizes it by getting baptized. (Acts 8:13; 18:8) And only baptized believers have an unrestricted privilege of approaching the King Eternal in prayer.

Note: I assume Jesus had the UNRESTRICTED privilege of prayer for the 30 years he was alive before his baptism.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Some people insult those who disagree with them by questioning character or motives instead of focusing on the facts. Name-calling slaps a negative, easy-to-remember label onto a person, a group, or an idea. The name-caller hopes that the label will stick. If people reject the person or the idea on the basis of the negative label instead of weighing the evidence for themselves, the name-caller's strategy has worked. --Awake!, June 22, 2000

• jam
    jam

The Roman Catholic church with all it,s riches(money

and property) is A tool for Satan. Our wealth is A

blessing from Jehovah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit