Do JW's Have A Tribulation Plan

by Pig 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pig
    Pig

It is likely that at some time or other there will be a major SHTF scenario.

My parents always talked of all going to the kingdom hall and waiting it out while God destroyed the evil people.

But bethal doesnt actually have food stocks and medical stocks, does it? They dont have a plan to distribute essential supplies to groups of JW's residing on Watchtower owned land, do they?

If there is a WW3 and the Watchtower says "ok this is it, this is the big A" then what?

Are my family going to run off to the circuit assembly building and expect all their survival needs will be provided for?

Will all JW's be expected to bring food staches and share them with eachother?

Is there any plan whatsoever?

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

Wow, you know, for someone in the GB, who knows God does not communicate with them, that's got to be scary.

• PrincessCynic
    PrincessCynic

There is no plan as far as I'm aware. Each JW has their own version of what will happen.

IF all their prophecies came true (which they won't) flocking to the KH would be an immensely stupid idea. The worldlings are hunting down Jws, where's the first place they're going to look?

I know witlesses that have cans of baked beans buried in their garden Although they're probably out of date by now.

Most worry that their worst nightmares are going to come true and their fingernails will be pulled out and they will be lined up and shot if they don't renounce Jehovah (too many stories about concentration camps.) They like to mentally prepare themselves for this now.

There have definitely been hints in WTs about the GB sending out specific instructions that JWs must obey for survival in the event of the Great Trib breaking out. I suspect this is just another fear tactic to make them not miss meetings and get used to obeying now. I doubt they have the faintest idea. In reality they would only care about their own skin.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I know that since 911 they have implemented an emergency contact plan in the case of natural/man made disasters to make sure all of the publishers are "okay." Other than that, nothing.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    I know witlesses that have cans of baked beans buried in their garden Although they're probably out of date by now.

Is it the beans or the 'witlesses' that are now 'out of date'? ('Best Before 1975'). Snicker.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

The original reason for having small, in-home groups, aka the book study, was to have an organized way to meet when KHs were shut down during the tribulation. Since that's gone Witnesses appear to have less of a survival plan than they've ever had.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

They don't need a plan.

When the Big A finally gets here JeBooBoo will do his magic stuff, like the shields on Star Trek and getting rid of the pee on the Ark.

• blondie
    blondie

*** w09 5/15 p. 8 Where Should You Be When the End Comes? ***

Soon the end will come for Satan’s wicked world. How Jehovah will protect his people in the fear-inspiring ‘day of his anger,’ we do not yet know. (Zeph. 2:3) Regardless of where we are and what our situation is at that time, however, we can be sure that our survival will depend on our faith in Jehovah and our obedience to him. Meanwhile, we should cultivate a proper attitude toward what Isaiah’s prophecy refers to as our “interior rooms.

“Enter Into Your Interior Rooms”

Go, my people, enter into your interior rooms, and shut your doors behind you,” states Isaiah 26:20. “Hide yourself for but a moment until the denunciation passes over.” This prophecy may have had its first fulfillment in 539 B.C.E. when the Medes and the Persians conquered Babylon. Upon entering Babylon, Cyrus the Persian apparently commanded everyone to stay indoors because his soldiers were ordered to execute any found out-of-doors.

In our day, the “interior rooms” of this prophecycould be closely associated with the more than 100,000 congregations of Jehovah’s Witnesses around the world. Such congregations play an important role in our lives. They will continue to do so through “the great tribulation.” (Rev. 7:14) God’s people are commanded to go into their “interior rooms” and hide themselves “until the denunciation passes over.” It is vital that we develop and maintain a wholesome attitude toward the congregation and be firmly resolved to stay in close association with it. We can take to heart Paul’s exhortation: “Let us consider one another to incite to love and fine works, not forsaking the gathering of ourselves together, as some have the custom, but encouraging one another, and all the more so as [we] behold the day drawing near.”—Heb. 10:24, 25.

--------------The WTS did provide a disaster preparedness plan for jws after Katrina and the fiasco that followed keeping track of the sheep.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

As a kid we had a Public Talk about "Going underground" wearing reversible jackets and such.( As a little kid I told mom "I didn't want to door to door in the sewer" :) ) In the 70s the Knorr and Franz were proud of all the Tunnels under Bethel, huge generators and such "in case of persecution". During a 70s tour of Bethel, when this was pointed out, I thought ...wouldn't millions of upset New Yorkers simply force the Glass front door?

The Windows were taken out of our Kindom Halls during remodels in the late 70s. "I was told it was to make them more secure for the persecution." Hummm, I asked "Won't they just come through the front door?" Oatmeal logic.

At least the Mormons follow through on pretending to believe what they preach. They store up food and emergency supplies.

Perhaps the new upstate Jones Town complex will have bunkers and ....????

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Of course..

JW`s will phone the WBT$..

The WBT$ will direct them to the nearest government agency..

....................;-)...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit