WWI and Beer

by Farkel 35 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

The alcohol in beer killed the bad bacteria in water- this was before cities chlorinated their water- so yes, beer was better to drink, than contaminated water. Maybe, Farkel's title was too short-

WWI, beer and why sex with German American Frauleins was verbotten

I like that one better.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Trivia point!

Did you good folks know that MOST of the English words we use are of German derivation? Yep.

Not, Latin. Not French. Not anything else.

German.

Farkel, English of Descent CLASS, which really means of German Descent CLASS

The House of Windsor and/or the Tudors are really Germans by descent. Prince Charles and his Mom are Krauts!

• hotspur
    hotspur

The Windsors changed their name from Saxe Coburg & Gothe during WWI (couldn't be seen to be German at that time in any sense, as per your thread. The King actually decided upon the name "Windsor" because their place of residence was Windsor Castle). However German dilution of the British/English Royal blood line doesn't antecede The Tudors. In fact, it originated with The House of Hanover arond the late 1600's and early 1700's This is a good link ...

The House of Stuart .... It's worth clicking both forward and back in that site's timeline. Interestingly, The Royal Family was more based upon French roots than German! But don't let me spoil a good story! Yep - it's me. I'm having the bad day!

Glad to see you're still flunking the History classes!

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

First Winston Churchill, now the Royal Family...

I love it when an American tries to interpret English history!!

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

The House of Windsor and/or the Tudors are really Germans by descent.

Used to be Saxe Coburg and Gotha. They changed it in WWI because of nobody liking the Germans.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Thank you everyone for your contributions on this thread. You hace brought light to an otherwise forgotten subject!

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit