More rancid meat lovingly provided by the F&DS

by serenitynow! 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

OMG... *sigh* You know, my parents are one of those "I waited on Jehovah and my mate came into da Troof" stories. My father studied when I was very little and then didn't want to hear it. It was only when I was an adult and it was just him and mom in the house that he decided to start studying. My mom is now the "shining example" of waiting on Jehoober and people tell new ones with unbelieving spouses aaaaaall about their "encouraging story".

Honestly? My theory is that my dad finally succumbed to over 25 years of constant brainwashing...coupled with the fact that now it was just them alone and she was always GONE, either auxiliary pious-sneering or at meetings or whatnot. I think it was just a way for him to be closer to her at first. And now he's completely in. And I've lost my REAL dad. It's one thing to be raised in it and to wake up and know that the one who raised you in it will stay asleep. It's another thing entirely to watch the father you love slowly "die" and be replaced by the cult personality. My dad has never been judgmental and was always a "live and let live" person. He'd joke about certain things, but it was never anything he wouldn't say jokingly to someone's face. Now he judges everyone...those in "False Religion and Christendom", the "Homos", etc. Hell, he even judges his old self! I knew my dad, but he told me with tears in his eyes that he was a bad person. It sickens me, to be honest.

And it's shit like the above that was posted in a useless rag that perpetuates the idea that if you just stay faithful you can change your mate's mind. In other words, keep at them, keep trying to preach to them, keep shoving our litteratrash down their gullets and EVENTUALLY they will cave in and join us! (or they'll leave your ass...in which case, you're free to re-marry your REAL husband/wife that Jehoober will give you!). And if neither of these things happen, they'll be eliminated with a ball of sulpher at Army-geddon, and then you'll get a PERFECT spouse! Aren't Jehoober's provisions wonderful? How happifying!!!

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

Husband: You're being brainwashed, it's a cult!

Wife, in a robotic voice: Sweetie, maybe you're right but maybe you should read the propaganda, it might change your mind!

Husband, after becoming brainwashed himself, now in a robotic voice: Praise Jeehoover and the Governing Body!! (no mention of Jesus)

• FollowedMyHeart
    FollowedMyHeart

Howard said she was being brainwashed.

She said he could be right.

Howard read the book, and he was brainwashed, too.

edit: typed while kitty posted. great minds think alike.

• agonus
    agonus

If articles like this don't meet the criteria for "propaganda", then what the hell DOES?

• agonus
    agonus

If you honestly cannot see how you might be brainwashed...

...you might be brainwashed.

• agonus
    agonus

Is "Howard" by any chance the brother-in-law of "Andre"?

• jworld
    jworld

Well the Watchtower long ago conceded that no one would arrive at the Doctrinal positions of the Society by reading the Bible. You can only learn those from "Slave" publications.

It does seem to push the line that the bible isn't even useful now for general life principles.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Well it's interesting how they flip it. On one hand they recommend their own publications for help, not the bible. But then they then set the scenario as if the Bible is on trial. ' “Howard demanded that I give up studying the Bible. He said that I was being brainwashed..."'

This scenario just doesn't exist as described. The unbelieving mate is complaining about studying the bible? Or the unbelieving mate is alarmed at interest in such an odd religion? Quite a differance!

But honestly it's not the books studied that have the contrversy, no that's saved for the WT and KM. That's where the alarming stuff come up. Of course by the time a person is getting handed a KM, They're in deep.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Honestly I've already made it clear that if the elder body wanted to speak with her for ANY reaon or tries to haul her into the back room for anything, to make it clear that the head of her household will not allow for such meetings

• therevealer
    therevealer

16 When Jesus was under trial, he resolutely
    refused to lean on his own understanding.
    Think of it! The wisest
    man ever to live on this earth chose
    not to draw on his own wisdom for answers.
    For instance, when Satan tempted
    him, Jesus repeatedly answered with
    the phrase: "It is written."

And notice what they include in a later paragraph that makes the point made in the first post even more glaring. As serenitynow brings out their advice is "When facing a challenge, it is important to seek Scriptural counsel from publications of the faithful and discreet slave class and from the elders." Page 27, para 5. In paragraph 16 apparently Jesus felt less sure of himself than the modern "shepherds" gb and elders, because he said "it is written" not "well here is what I think/understand".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit