More rancid meat lovingly provided by the F&DS

by serenitynow! 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

In the 2/15/2012 Koolaid there is an article about finding happiness in a divided household. I found this to be particularly offensive:

"When facing a challenge, it is important to seek Scriptural counsel from publications of the faithful and discreet slave class and from the elders." Page 27, para 5.

They don't even pretend to refer people to the bible anymore. Disgusting.

On the same page is this "experience" which is laughable:

"Howard says, “I am so grateful that my wife stayed calm and did not overreact!” His wife explains: “Howard demanded that I give up studying the Bible. He said that I was being brainwashed. Instead of arguing, I said that he could be right, but I also told him that I could not honestly see how. So I asked him to read the book I was studying. He did so and could not disagree with what it said. This deeply affected him. It is good to remember that unbelieving spouses may feel abandoned or threatened when their mate leaves to participate in Christian activities, but loving reassurances can go a long way in allaying such feelings."

• iamwhoiam
  • sabastious
    sabastious

I would be livid if my mate took our relationship problems to strange "congregational leaders", regardless if they were faith based or not. Marriage is about teamwork not finding out what external source provides the "best advice."

-Sab

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

I would be livid if my mate took our relationship problems to strange "congregational leaders", regardless if they were faith based or not. Marriage is about teamwork not finding out what external source provides the "best advice.

My wife is once again in a study, I could not agree more with this statement!!!

• agonus
    agonus

How about Scriptural counsel from the, um, Scriptures?

Was Howard's wife studying the Bible? Or WT publications with the aid of the Bible?

What if unbelieving spouses feel "abandoned or threatened" if their believing spouse/family (or spouse's family) abandons, threatens, or expels THEM?

What if the believing spouse IS being brainwashed? What if instead of arguing, the unbelieving spouse admits the believer could be right, but honestly cannot see how after reading the book (which book? The Bible or a WT pub?) the believer is studying?

What if after careful and thorough research and study of the Bible and "Bible-based publications" - for example, "What Does the Watchtower... er... Bible Really Teach", the unbelieving spouse is firmly convicted that the Bible does NOT really teach what the book says the Bible really teaches?

• agonus
    agonus

By the way, lawyers representing the self-appointed leaders of the "Faithful and Discreet Slave Class" recently acknowledged in a court of law that said "Faithful and Discreet Slave Class" does not, in fact, exist as a person or group of people.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

that is laughable

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ Admission of Guilt..

He said that I was being brainwashed. Instead of arguing, I said that he could be right,

Translation..

Ya I may be BrainWashed..So What?..

......................;-)...OUTLAW

• agonus
    agonus

I am NOT grateful that my wife did NOT stay calm and DID overreact.

• agonus
    agonus

"He said that I was being brainwashed. Instead of arguing, I said that he could be right..."

...wait for it...

"...but I also told him that I could not honestly see how."

'Nuff said.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit