I just "witnessed" officially for the first time!!!

by NoRegrets 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• ReallyTrulyAthena
    ReallyTrulyAthena

@ NoRegrets and extractor - wow and HECK YEAH! Good on ya! Now THIS truly is "happifying" news

Makes me feel like doing a little jig. LOL

• ziddina
    ziddina

Devil...

Who was being a snit-picker about the title of the thread - though, I admit, I was scratching my head for a few minutes, there, until I read the thread...

• steve2
    steve2

Great sleuthing no regrets. let's hope your neighbour doesn't get cold feet - sounds like the JWs have had her hooked in for some time. breaking up could be hard to do! But there's nothing so powerful as a first hand account of how the religion has caused so many problems.

• NoRegrets
    NoRegrets

Thanks everyone!

I'm trying to think of some essential topics for the next time we talk. I wanted to highlight the standards for defining a cult (Dr. Lifton's) and how the witnesses fit everyone to a tee. I was thinking about official dates for the end that were predicted. Maybe that there is simply no protocol for leaving and maybe Beth Sarim? Input?

• moshe
    moshe

very nice

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

It sounds so genuine and not forced. The Witness ladies may wonder what happened. You already built a trust worthy reputation with her. I always rely upon word of mouth. Nothing is as precious as word of mouth. It is better than wikipedia and a stack of books.

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

just give her the web address for this web site. that will be the end of that.

• NoRegrets
    NoRegrets

I'm not sure if she has a computer or access. She may not have much money. I may print a few choice articles here and there to give to her. I think CofC is a little too heavy reading for her. Not to sound condescending because she seems very nice but she may not be ultra-intelligent which of course makes her prime prey to the JW's. Anyone who has "lesson plan" ideas or special articles or points they've found helpful is welcome to share!

Thanks- NR

• zengalileo
    zengalileo

O un-witnessed to THREE fourth graders once, 3 JWs in one class! They all were good friends and hung out together. I told them I was a bethelite and a pioneer, and that I discovered that JWs told many false prophecies. I also told them they could not Witness to other kids without permission from each child's parents. Then I got called into the office within about 10 minutes of dismissal bell. that kid must have RUN home and told her mom. The principal was like, "Just be careful on that subject. some of these parents are hyper sensitive about their religion." So I didn't really get in trouble or anything, kust a warning.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Gunna be an interest next time those JWs call on her...

they'll smell the mental shift in her...

well done!

oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit