The REAL atheist meaning of life . . .

by nicolaou 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

There isn't one and that's a really good thing. Let me illustrate;

You are an artist, you pick up a new canvas and place it on your easel. The canvas has a few helpful lines printed on it. The lines are only there to 'guide' your creativity, after all you don't want to make a mistake do you?

Bullshit.

An artist demands a BLANK canvas. A blank canvas offers unlimited scope for creativity, personal expression and howling cock-ups, but the resultant creation will be truly and honestly YOURS.

Life DOES have a purpose, it DOES have a meaning. If, like a child, you want to crayon in between the lines as given by your holy book or spiritual leader of choice go right ahead.

Or, you could pick up a blank canvas, dip your brush, take a deep breath and . . . .

• Dagney
    Dagney

Nic.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Canvases have borders and even artist follow rules.

• TheUbermensch
    TheUbermensch

Jesus PSac. ahahahahahah. There is no such thing as "rules" for artists. That's why it is called ART. Listened to Sonic Youth? Strange stuff, but still (excellent) music. They didn't follow any rules. Classical music. Any rules? No. What rules did Picasso follow? ahahahah. Too funny

• N.drew
    N.drew

Rules for mixing color

• N.drew
    N.drew

Rules for mixing color OK Has the political thread shut down or I'm I not adult enough for it? Hm I hate double posts. I wanted to say HA I'm a political troll? I don't know if I'm a troll, but I KNOW I'm not a political one. Jeesh. That means wow people can be so stupid. But I'm not talking to you. I got a double post. So I had to write something. If I was a powerful god, another thread, I'd get rid of politics. First. I like Pat. I have sound on my lap top, but not on my desk top. I like the desk top better. But I like Pat. Thank you for the link.

• wobble
    wobble

The mind of the artist is not restricted by the borders of his canvass, he sees a picture much wider and taller and deeper than the "frame" he delivers to us.

Any rules he adheres to are only observed out of some necessity. He/She is free.

The atheist is free, his canvass is as wide as his vision, his observing of rules is his free choice.

The believer is not free, whatever creed he adheres to dictates his thoughts and actions, and usually is delivered to him by another man, so the believer is that man's slave.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Jesus PSac. ahahahahahah. There is no such thing as "rules" for artists. That's why it is called ART. Listened to Sonic Youth? Strange stuff, but still (excellent) music. They didn't follow any rules. Classical music. Any rules? No. What rules did Picasso follow? ahahahah. Too funny

You sure about that?

Do you mix oil and water based colours? what colours do you mix to get orange? purple? If the surface is canvas, how do you prepare it? what about after the painting? if you want to give shades or shadows, what brush is best?, etc, etc...

And yes, even musicians follow the basic rules of their instruments.

• TheUbermensch
    TheUbermensch

There is no rule for mixing color. ahahahahahahah. Funny little minds.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    There is no rule for mixing color. ahahahahahahah. Funny little minds.

Your silly insult aside, please tell me how you get orange from black and purple?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit